Cirrhilabrus Complexes: Inferiority Need Not Apply (1st Revision)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for recommendations on what other wrasses would be possible with a rosy scale in a 75.. I've read the chart and lots of posts but still can't figure out what would be possible ? Not sure if I'm looking for something equally aggressive or less aggressive and from what sub group ?

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for recommendations on what other wrasses would be possible with a rosy scale in a 75.. I've read the chart and lots of posts but still can't figure out what would be possible ? Not sure if I'm looking for something equally aggressive or less aggressive and from what sub group ?

i'd give them a google to see if you like how they look and if they're even available. for a 75 you can omit several groups due to size, then just omit the dark red ones due to aggression. see what you like and post it in here, evolved and eatbreakfast respond quite fast and there are several other wrasse experts on the board.

it seems people mix rubrisquamis commonly, so it doesn't seem like a definite 'don't bother trying to add more' type of fish.

maybe search on here the rubrisquamias and see what comes up. probably lots of threads with people saying they have them and with what. that's what i do when i want to research a fish.

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really, you can pick any of the green, yellow, or orange boxes with and A, B, or C. Stay away from the dark orange or red boxes and the D & Es.
for a 75 you can omit several groups due to size, then just omit the dark red ones due to aggression. see what you like and post it in here, evolved and eatbreakfast respond quite fast and there are several other wrasse experts on the board.
Yup, pretty much that. :)
it seems people mix rubrisquamis commonly, so it doesn't seem like a definite 'don't bother trying to add more' type of fish.
It's a 50/50 species - and when it goes badly, it can take all of the others out. I error on the side of caution with the species, but you're right - sometimes it can be mellow with others.

Talo’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any issue with an exquisite and a Solon fairy in a 250. Already have the exquisite.

whitelightning77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just posted in another forum but I just came across this thread so I figured I'd post here as well.

I have an established exquisite wrasse that is being a bully to a newly acquired pin tail wrasse I just added. I added the new wrasse in an acclimation box the first day. Day two the wrasse was released and lights were turned down/off. There was some aggression which I attributed to pecking order. Day 3 now and ot seems hes not letting up. I see no torn fins, but mostly flashing and bumping. Should I give it more time or should I try to yank out the exquisite and maybe banish him to the sump for a few weeks?
af6e53ec06124eed8656d0724998b98e.jpg
9dc0092161fd95f8bc14912a2101a330.jpg

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 3 now and ot seems hes not letting up. I see no torn fins, but mostly flashing and bumping. Should I give it more time or should I try to yank out the exquisite and maybe banish him to the sump for a few weeks?
If the pintail is still out and able to eat, I'd let it ride longer. If otherwise, then I'd take action.

nbd13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to decide between a rhomboid or lineatus.....any thoughts or insight?

The other wrasses in the tank would be a flame wrasse and a pintail wrasse.

Can’t decide.

Thanks.

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to decide between a rhomboid or lineatus.....any thoughts or insight?

The other wrasses in the tank would be a flame wrasse and a pintail wrasse.

Can’t decide.

Thanks.
Rhomboid stays smaller and has a better temperament. Your choice, of course.

Aj.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a lunatus wrasse that i got two weeks ago and i just got a Lubbock and my lunatus is beating up the Lubbock. Going by the chart i thought that they would work well together. I have a Red Sea 170 and plenty of rock work and hiding room. What should i do?

83F6CAF3-FAB3-4904-ADFB-2D1735677DF5.jpeg

09146434-5F23-4269-B047-75B23DD97763.jpeg

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going by the chart i thought that they would work well together.
Normally they would, but the chart can't predict attitudes of individuals - only by the "norm" of the species/complex.
I have a Red Sea 170
I personally don't feel a 34g tank is suitable for either species, and may ultimately be prohibitive here and the ruling factor of aggression.
What should i do?
How did you introduce the fish; with an acclimation box? Is the lubbocki able to come out to feed, or is it being constantly pinned down?

Aj.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normally they would, but the chart can't predict attitudes of individuals - only by the "norm" of the species/complex.

I personally don't feel a 34g tank is suitable for either species, and may ultimately be prohibitive here and the ruling factor of aggression.

How did you introduce the fish; with an acclimation box? Is the lubbocki able to come out to feed, or is it being constantly pinned down?

I put lubbocki into the tank after i acclimated. I ended up turning the lights off for a day. The lunati would constantly harass the lubbocki to the point where it would just stick to the corner of the tank and now after a few days they are both fine with no signs of aggression. Both fish swim freely and eat like pigs

BB7163A4-6843-4AB4-B5E4-3712D9B2E3EF.jpeg

E2191AA7-0E6B-4994-9117-90F9F08673EA.jpeg

73DBB194-6128-4BD0-A3A6-4D40BC7B9257.jpeg

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put lubbocki into the tank after i acclimated. I ended up turning the lights off for a day.
FWIW, an acclimation box would have very likely avoided any of that aggression.

Kevinkmk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi wrasses experts,

I have a 4 feet 75 gallon tank. I am wondering if the wrasses list below can be mix togehter in my tank? Thanks

Flame Wrasse
Pintail Fairy
Labouti Fairy
Exquisite Fairy

later on might add an Lineatus Fairy

current fish in the tank:
Yellow tang
2 clown
yellow coris
mccosker wrasse

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi wrasses experts,

I have a 4 feet 75 gallon tank. I am wondering if the wrasses list below can be mix togehter in my tank? Thanks

Flame Wrasse
Pintail Fairy
Labouti Fairy
Exquisite Fairy

Yellow tang
2 clown
yellow coris
mccosker wrasse
They should be able to coexist. Definitely use a social acclimation boxfor introductions.

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi wrasses experts,

Flame Wrasse
Pintail Fairy
Labouti Fairy
Exquisite Fairy

Yellow tang
2 clown
yellow coris
mccosker wrasse
You should be okay, but the tank size is getting a little bit tight for some of those species. I would definitely not add a lineatus to a 75 gallon. +1 to the acclimation box.

Kevinkmk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They should be able to coexist. Definitely use a social acclimation boxfor introductions.
You should be okay, but the tank size is getting a little bit tight for some of those species. I would definitely not add a lineatus to a 75 gallon. +1 to the acclimation box.
Thanks guys. I was not sure they will fit into my tank since only Class A, B, C fit into my tank size. Is there any chance I can put into lineatus instead of flame? If not what would you guys recommend with similar color?

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was not sure they will fit into my tank since only Class A, B, C fit into my tank size.
Well, you seemed pretty set. But I do standby my suggested minimum tank sizes.
Is there any chance I can put into lineatus instead of flame?
Again, I would not put a lineatus in a 75.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 41.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 30.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back