Cirrhilabrus Complexes: Inferiority Need Not Apply (1st Revision)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbd13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What acclimation box is everyone using?

If I get a Flame, Lineatus and Pintail all at once can I QT them together in a 1 gallon tank?

Thanks

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I get a Flame, Lineatus and Pintail all at once can I QT them together in a 1 gallon tank?
1 gallon? Uh no... But I'm assuming you made a typo of some sort there? :)

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Opps been one of those days!

10 gallons

Thanks
Three in a 10G isn't something I'd broadly recommend for a QT. Yes, it can be done, but you have to be really on top of things - a few days of laziness could result in 3 dead fish.
A 20G would be much better for those three at once. Also an adult lineatus will be pretty cramped in a 10G tank.

nbd13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Three in a 10G isn't something I'd broadly recommend for a QT. Yes, it can be done, but you have to be really on top of things - a few days of laziness could result in 3 dead fish.
A 20G would be much better for those three at once. Also an adult lineatus will be pretty cramped in a 10G tank.

Ok thanks. A 20 gallon it is.

What acclimation box are you using?

cody hendrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to decide between a rhomboid or lineatus.....any thoughts or insight?

The other wrasses in the tank would be a flame wrasse and a pintail wrasse.

Can’t decide.

Thanks.
I know I may have gotten lucky but I have both. I have a 120 with 7 other fairy wrasse and I added the rhom in as one of the first and the lineatus as one of the last. They have been together now for about 4 months with no probleme

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normally they would, but the chart can't predict attitudes of individuals - only by the "norm" of the species/complex.

I think this is worth repeating! Hunter's work will make your life much easier. It's not a guarantee however. Individuals can fail to conform to the norm...just like people! I have a C. exquisitus that I got as a small 2" fish. As he has grown he has become a holy terror and bullies my C. jordani that is much bigger. He is about to go in to time out.

We still have to keep an eye out, use acclimation box even with species that should be ok together!

DeepBlue2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi - a truly fantastic resource for all older wrasse lovers & for those of future generations .... a big thank you for all the efforts involved to develop this & a big shout out to you for all our 'little wet friends' that you have protected for years to come .... so they can be better placed in the proper environment for happy lives, and erase much of the owner concern with incompatability for the smaller systems.

Would there be any similar type chart for the flasher wrasses & then also another for a cross - compatability chart between fairys and flashers ?

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would there be any similar type chart for the flasher wrasses & then also another for a cross - compatability chart between fairys and flashers ?
Other charts - no, not at this time.
But for the most part, all flashers can work together with any non-aggressive fairy. The Eightline flasher would be the only exception - needs a larger system than the rest.
Can check my other articles for more info.

DeepBlue2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other charts - no, not at this time.
But for the most part, all flashers can work together with any non-aggressive fairy. The Eightline flasher would be the only exception - needs a larger system than the rest.
Can check my other articles for more info.
Thanks so much for reply & info - again much appreciated !

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
which fairy would work better with katherine: pintail or red margin?

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pintail is the safe bet - highly unlikely to cause issue. The red/pink margin could be okay - it would depend on the specimens you end up with.

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is pintail really shy?

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is pintail really shy?
Totally depends on the individual - I've had one middle of the road, one who would scuffle a bit with others, and another who's pretty shy and spooky. Luck of the draw.

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
woow! want to add one more fairy and can’t decide! definitely not a shy or aggressive fish. something who can defend itself . also need to get along with katherine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.3%
Back