Cirrhilabrus Complexes: Inferiority Need Not Apply (1st Revision)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elgringodiablo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is mixing subgroups pretty much sure fire recipe for disaster? I've got a pintail and want a brunneus and/or a lunatus, but not if I'd likely end up with mortal combat. I've also got a male flame wrasse and had been considering a rosy scale, but not sure if it would be too aggressive for the rest of the group.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is mixing subgroups pretty much sure fire recipe for disaster? I've got a pintail and want a brunneus and/or a lunatus, but not if I'd likely end up with mortal combat. I've also got a male flame wrasse and had been considering a rosy scale, but not sure if it would be too aggressive for the rest of the group.
Depends on the complex and tank size.

In tanks larger than 4' lunatus, brunneus, and isosceles can be mixed.

In tanks larger than 120g rosy scales and flames can be mixed.

Elgringodiablo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the complex and tank size.

In tanks larger than 4' lunatus, brunneus, and isosceles can be mixed.

In tanks larger than 120g rosy scales and flames can be mixed.
Excellent, thanks for the advice. I will give the lunatus complex mix a try and hold off on the rosy scales until I have a big system, as I am a over 4' but a tad shy of the 120g mark.

cody hendrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever kept a red velvet and flame in the same tank. the tank is a 120 4-2-2.

cody hendrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever kept a red velvet and flame in the same tank. the tank is a 120 4-2-2.
Sorry I just saw the above post. So it most likely not work in my 120?

Also to add in I am also going to be doing a Lineatus, Exquisite, Rhomboidalis, Labout's, Katherines, pintail.

How would all of these mix in a 120 with a few other fish. I plan on a bella goby, Midus blenny, 3 blue reef chromis and maybe a few anthias. also maybe finishing it off with a purple tang or a kole tang of one of the others in the same group.

Last edited:

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Also to add in I am also going to be doing a Lineatus, Exquisite, Rhomboidalis, Labout's, Katherines, pintail.

How would all of these mix in a 120 with a few other fish. I plan on a bella goby, Midus blenny, 3 blue reef chromis and maybe a few anthias. also maybe finishing it off with a purple tang or a kole tang of one of the others in the same group.
Those should be fine.

Elgringodiablo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Purple tang might bully the wrasses. My desjardini sailfin constantly chases my Lineatus, to a point I am going to have to remove him.

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Nice mix. I would add the Red Velvet and Labout's last out of that wrasse group and what ever tang you add at the very last.

cody hendrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice mix. I would add the Red Velvet and Labout's last out of that wrasse group and what ever tang you add at the very last.

Thanks. Yea that was the plane for those to be last just wanted other opinion on if the red velvet and flame would get along.

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question guys, do you think mixing a Scott's Fairy, Lineatus, and Rhomboid will work? I currently have the Lineatus and Rhomboid in and they work out well, but wanted to add the Scott's as my last wrasse. Also have a Pink Margin that does get along with the Rhomboid M/F.

My tank is a 240.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question guys, do you think mixing a Scott's Fairy, Lineatus, and Rhomboid will work? I currently have the Lineatus and Rhomboid in and they work out well, but wanted to add the Scott's as my last wrasse. Also have a Pink Margin that does get along with the Rhomboid M/F.

My tank is a 240.
Scotts are famous for being aggressive to other fairy wrasses and for losing their color.

cody hendrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant seem to find the blue throated fairy wrasse (cyanoguaris) on the diagram can anyone tell me where it would fit in?

HairyGary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
how do you thing he would fit in with the following Lineatus, Exquisite, Rhomboidalis, Labout's, Katherines, pintail, flame, red velvet?

In a 120

Does the C. Roseafacia or LaBouti rule the tank? Both of those can be pretty stubborn. Adding the Cyanoguaris in a 120 with those may present an issue but I would let others chime. I would not risk it.

HairyGary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
how do you thing he would fit in with the following Lineatus, Exquisite, Rhomboidalis, Labout's, Katherines, pintail, flame, red velvet?

In a 120
Just saw your previous posts? Do you have that mix yet in the tank?

cody hendrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw your previous posts? Do you have that mix yet in the tank?

No they are all still in qt spread between 3 qt tanks. I was planing on starting to add the least aggressive first and make my way to the most aggressive over the next 2 or so months.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cyanogularis is pretty aggressive and it's blue throat fades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 118 58.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 30.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 74 36.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 60 29.6%
Back