Cirrhilabrus Complexes: Inferiority Need Not Apply (1st Revision)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cody hendrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There will be some squabbling, but the labouti and red velvet are more concerning.

Yea those two are my biggest concern as well.The labouti and red velvet will be last 2 to go un. I am also going to get them both on the smaller side compared to the others. I didn't know about the three that are right next to each other in the complex. Out of the pink margins, rhomboid and lineatus what do you think is the most aggressive? All three of them are some of my favorite. So I would love to have them. If i get them small would that help?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea those two are my biggest concern as well.The labouti and red velvet will be last 2 to go un. I am also going to get them both on the smaller side compared to the others. I didn't know about the three that are right next to each other in the complex. Out of the pink margins, rhomboid and lineatus what do you think is the most aggressive? All three of them are some of my favorite. So I would love to have them. If i get them small would that help?
The rhombid is the least aggressive, so get that before the others. Getting smaller specimens may help.

nickkohrn

Corals for President 2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been struggling with compatibility suggestions for wrasses, and I don’t know what I should do.

I have a Waterbox 100.3 coming soon, which is 3’x2’x2’. I purchased a Tricolor Fairy Wrasse, which seems to be a common name for a Lubbock’s Fairy Wrasse. I also had a McCosker’s Flasher Wrasse that my clownfish pair beat to death. I removed the clownfish, and I am down to the Tricolor Fairy Wrasse. I’d love to have another wrasse, if possible, so I need help with my decision. I’ve read some charts, but I’m still confused about compatibility.

The Waterbox has a display volume of ~70g, and I will be going bare-bottom. I picked the Tricolor Fairy Wrasse and McCosker’s Flasher Wrasse because they don’t require sand.

Can you help me by providing some suggestions of other wrasses that would be able to live with my current Tricolor Fairy wrasse, if possible? I think it will help me understand some of the charts as well. The common names of the wrasses tend to throw me off.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been struggling with compatibility suggestions for wrasses, and I don’t know what I should do.

I have a Waterbox 100.3 coming soon, which is 3’x2’x2’. I purchased a Tricolor Fairy Wrasse, which seems to be a common name for a Lubbock’s Fairy Wrasse. I also had a McCosker’s Flasher Wrasse that my clownfish pair beat to death. I removed the clownfish, and I am down to the Tricolor Fairy Wrasse. I’d love to have another wrasse, if possible, so I need help with my decision. I’ve read some charts, but I’m still confused about compatibility.

The Waterbox has a display volume of ~70g, and I will be going bare-bottom. I picked the Tricolor Fairy Wrasse and McCosker’s Flasher Wrasse because they don’t require sand.

Can you help me by providing some suggestions of other wrasses that would be able to live with my current Tricolor Fairy wrasse, if possible? I think it will help me understand some of the charts as well. The common names of the wrasses tend to throw me off.
Some of the Cirrhilabrus species that would work include; isosceles, lunatus, brunneus, rhomboidalis, rubeus, aurantidorsalis, and jordani.

nickkohrn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of the Cirrhilabrus species that would work include; isosceles, lunatus, brunneus, rhomboidalis, rubeus, aurantidorsalis, and jordani.

Thank you for the suggestions. I really appreciate your help as it will make parsing compatibility charts easier for me.

nickkohrn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Based on the information that you provided, it appears that any of the complexes outlined in red in the attached image should be compatible with the Tricolor Fairy Wrasse, outlined in blue, that I currently have. Is that correct?

CirrhilabrusComplexes.PNG

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on the information that you provided, it appears that any of the complexes outlined in red in the attached image should be compatible with the Tricolor Fairy Wrasse, outlined in blue, that I currently have. Is that correct?

CirrhilabrusComplexes.PNG
Correct.

DirtDiggler2823

If I can't break it, it doesn't exist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I purchased my first fish this weekend. They are in QT right now. I picked up a Solon wrasse, a lubbocks wrasse, and a sleeper blue dot goby. The two wrasses I picked up, these are the more peaceful wrasses, yes? Not trying to deal with any wrasseholes right out of the gate.
20181209_160622.jpeg
20181209_160626.jpeg
20181209_160632.jpeg

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I purchased my first fish this weekend. They are in QT right now. I picked up a Solon wrasse, a lubbocks wrasse, and a sleeper blue dot goby. The two wrasses I picked up, these are the more peaceful wrasses, yes? Not trying to deal with any wrasseholes right out of the gate.
20181209_160622.jpeg
20181209_160626.jpeg
20181209_160632.jpeg
They are in the middle for Cirrhilabrus temperment. They should be fine.

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking at adding a McCoskers wrasse, a carpenters wrasse, and a whip fin wrasse. Foresee any issues with those guys?
I'll let TJ or Hunter chime in but the Whipfin is very aggressive and will be the issue even if you add last.

DirtDiggler2823

If I can't break it, it doesn't exist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll let TJ or Hunter chime in but the Whipfin is very aggressive and will be the issue even if you add last.
And that is why I asked. I can do without aggressive fish at this point. Live aquaria is listing them as peaceful.

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.3%
Back