Cirrhilabrus Complexes: Inferiority Need Not Apply (1st Revision)

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing. Thanks! wonder why liveaquaria would list them as peaceful if they aren't.

Just a guess but I suspect they are meaning with fish other than wrasses. They sometimes don't seem to take in to account multiple fish of the same genus but different species. They probably would be considered peaceful with tangs, dwarf angels and hawkfish. :p

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@eatbreakfast , you see what kind of wrasses I'm looking for. Any suggestions? I'm new to this and there is probably quite a few cool fish that I'm totally unaware of that would work.
I highly recommend the exquisite wrasse.

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@eatbreakfast , you see what kind of wrasses I'm looking for. Any suggestions? I'm new to this and there is probably quite a few cool fish that I'm totally unaware of that would work.
Do you have budget?

I have same size tank. As far as fairies and flashers are concerned try any in the Lunatus group - Pintail, Brunneus, Johnsoni or Crescent tail. They are all pretty peaceful. Rhomboids, Lineatus and Pink Margin would be good. Flames. Any of the flashers. There are lots out there that would work but alot is personal preference too.

DirtDiggler2823

If I can't break it, it doesn't exist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have budget?

I have same size tank. As far as fairies and flashers are concerned try any in the Lunatus group - Pintail, Brunneus, Johnsoni or Crescent tail. They are all pretty peaceful. Rhomboids, Lineatus and Pink Margin would be good. Flames. Any of the flashers. There are lots out there that would work but alot is personal preference too.

I have a budget as much as if I mention the price of a fish to my wife and she pauses, I know that fish might be a bridge too far. Trying to stay within the $70 or under range. I might be able to get away with a $100 fish if I lead into the conversation correctly. LOL!

DirtDiggler2823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing suggestions everyone! Thank you. I have some studying to do on these fish now. Getting into this without some sort of stocking plan is no bueno, and that's where I am with this right now. Planning and execution.

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a budget as much as if I mention the price of a fish to my wife and she pauses, I know that fish might be a bridge too far. Trying to stay within the $70 or under range. I might be able to get away with a $100 fish if I lead into the conversation correctly. LOL!
most of the Flashers are under $70 but some fairies are as well. Most variants of the Exquisites are about that price. The Vanuatu variant is hard to come by. Its my understanding that there are not a lot of fish coming out of Vanuatu presently. The Fijian or south pacific variant has a red dorsal that is beautiful. You can also find a Pintail for about that price now days as well. I would suggest buying females or young males. Cheaper and you get to watch them transition. Always fun. Good luck!

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The running joke around my house when someone asks my wife how much this fish or that coral costs....."about $20". Cracks my wife up.

Where do leopard wrasses fit in all of this?

They are peaceful. Some species don't ship well...especially males. If you get a healthy one and you can get it to eat, they are quite hardy and lots of fun. I have a Potter's wrasse that I've had for almost 5 years and I love him....got it as a her.

He's the one on the left.

Wrasse trio (1 of 1).jpg

DirtDiggler2823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The running joke around my house when someone asks my wife how much this fish or that coral costs....."about $20". Cracks my wife up.

They are peaceful. Some species don't ship well...especially males. If you get a healthy one and you can get it to eat, they are quite hardy and lots of fun. I have a Potter's wrasse that I've had for almost 5 years and I love him....got it as a her.

He's the one on the left.

Wrasse trio (1 of 1).jpg

Might have to add a Leopard Wrasse to the list too.

Elgringodiablo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on a lot of factors, but possibly 5-8 fairy wrasses in a 90g.

I have 6 in my RSR450 (92g display) without problems. Introductions were a little dicey, but they all got used to each other. Linneatus, Rhomboid, Flame, Labouti, Velvet Multicolored & Pintail Isosceles.

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 6 in my RSR450 (92g display) without problems. Introductions were a little dicey, but they all got used to each other. Linneatus, Rhomboid, Flame, Labouti, Velvet Multicolored & Pintail Isosceles.

I'm guessing the Velvet Multicolor was the biggest instigator?

Elgringodiablo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would guess that or the Labouti
Honestly, none are that bad. They all chase each other a bit. The Flame is probably the most dominant, but the Velvet Multicolor was the worst when my Pintail escaped it's acclimation box. Had to leave the lights off for a day to let them chill out. There is occasional chasing between the Flame and the Velvet and the Labouti gets chased by the Rhomboid but nothing serious at all. Surprisingly, the biggest, the Lineatus, is a total chicken, he tries to jump out of the tank if I move too suddenly when I feed them. I had to seal the top very tight to keep everyone in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 66 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back