Cirrhilabrus Complexes: Inferiority Need Not Apply (1st Revision)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
getting 3 wrasses next week:
hooded fairy wrasse, crescent wrasse and exquisite wrasse.
all females if that makes a big difference. should i just released in tank or acclimation box? the box is 10/5/5. not sure if mine will be big enough for 3 fish... right now the only fairy is male katherines wrasse. he has been in tank for maybe 7 months. thx!!
I would use box if possible given the Katherine's is so established. Do you have a QT or another tank so you can do them one at a time?

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have an extra tank but no way i can put it anywhere right now. oh well i guess they will have to end up in acclimation box for few days.

HairyGary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i have an extra tank but no way i can put it anywhere right now. oh well i guess they will have to end up in acclimation box for few days.
How big is your DT? If big enough, adding the three at one time may be strength in numbers and the Katherine's may not provoke.

HairyGary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Id give it a shot as you dont know how the three will react together n the box especially if they have never been in the tank before. But be prepared to pull the katherines and put it in time out. Good luck!

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
all 3 were in quarantine together. no problems at all.
the only issue could be katherines wrasse. honestly i always though katherine was peaceful one.
btw,my tank is run by longnose hawk and bellus angel.

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hooded fairy wrasse, crescent wrasse and exquisite wrasse.
all females if that makes a big difference.
A good mix - and males/females makes no difference.
should i just released in tank or acclimation box?
If it wasn't for the exisiting katherines....
right now the only fairy is male katherines wrasse.
I agree that I'd try to make an acclimation box work, even if just for a day. katherinae being very close to temminckii isn't always so mild, and it might not take well to newcomers. I would tread those waters erring on the side of caution, hence using an acclimation box.

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cirrhilabrus cf cyanopleura, Cirrhilabrus exquisitus, one more fairy suggestion please. Tank is a 120 peninsula softcoral mixed tank.

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
all 3 in acclimation box. so far so good! katherines is swimming around here and there...

A5D6A9AF-AB8E-4ACF-B1ED-DBF7765654E7.jpeg

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cirrhilabrus cf cyanopleura, Cirrhilabrus exquisitus, one more fairy suggestion please. Tank is a 120 peninsula softcoral mixed tank.
I don't often give suggestions, as the choice is personal based on what appeals to you, what you wish to spend, and what you can actually find available to purchase - all factors that are individual. I'm more than happy to review a list, though.

kryz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, just figured I would look for some input. I have a six line, Redfin, and a Solon wrasse in a 75 gallon. All 3 three are doing well with each other. The six line was the first wrasse i added maybe a year ago. Then about 4 months ago i added the redfin. 1 month ago the the Solon. I am looking for suggestions to add 2 more unqiue fairy/other reef safe wrasses to finish off my wrasse stock. BTW yes the 6line was aggressive at first but i used to mirror for a few days to solve that issue and now the 6 line is pretty chill, he follows the other wrasses around doesnt show any aggression whatsoever. Thanks!

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, just figured I would look for some input. I have a six line, Redfin, and a Solon wrasse in a 75 gallon. All 3 three are doing well with each other. The six line was the first wrasse i added maybe a year ago. Then about 4 months ago i added the redfin. 1 month ago the the Solon. I am looking for suggestions to add 2 more unqiue fairy/other reef safe wrasses to finish off my wrasse stock. BTW yes the 6line was aggressive at first but i used to mirror for a few days to solve that issue and now the 6 line is pretty chill, he follows the other wrasses around doesnt show any aggression whatsoever. Thanks!
This is hard. My experiences with the 6 line is pretty grim. Also a 75 is a fairly small tank, at least with my experience. I never try to stock small tank too much, and always have larger tank to get the fish to if I run into trouble.
I would recommend no more more wrasse in your tank, or else remove the Sixline, then add. The Redfin, from my limited experiences, is a fairly aggressive wrasse also.

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is hard. My experiences with the 6 line is pretty grim. Also a 75 is a fairly small tank, at least with my experience. I never try to stock small tank too much, and always have larger tank to get the fish to if I run into trouble.
I would recommend no more more wrasse in your tank, or else remove the Sixline, then add. The Redfin, from my limited experiences, is a fairly aggressive wrasse also.
Unfortunately, I agree. I can't recommend any additional wrasses here in good conscience.

TommyDelaney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about a Naoko fairy wrasse for a 5’ 133g. Would be the only wrasse as of now. I have a lawnmower blenny and a 3 tangs and a foxface. Would there be problems adding additional fairy wrasses down the line because of them being fairly aggressive?

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would there be problems adding additional fairy wrasses down the line because of them being fairly aggressive?
It's rather possible; not the best choice if you desire more later.

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I add an ornate leopard wrasse to a tank with the following wrasses?

- Flame Wrasse pair
- Labouti Wrasse
- Lineatus Fairy Wrasse

I was looking at the chart, but I couldn’t find it. Or I may be blind. :)

HairyGary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can I add an ornate leopard wrasse to a tank with the following wrasses?

- Flame Wrasse pair
- Labouti Wrasse
- Lineatus Fairy Wrasse

I was looking at the chart, but I couldn’t find it. Or I may be blind. :)
Yep should not be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back