City/well water? Chlorine/Chloramines? Filter it all with BRS 5/6-Stage RODI units | BRStv Spotlight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

Today we're spotlighting the BRS 5-Stage and 6-Stage RODI units, equipped with a full set of NSF certified filters and full canisters of color changing DI Resin so you can tackle your home's water supply no matter what treatment your city uses.

These dual universal carbon block systems are your answer to creating ultra-pure and zero TDS water for your reef tank whether you're on a well or if your city treats with chlorine or chloramines.

Tennsquire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm fortunate to have low TDS water to begin with. My 4-stage RODI handles it quite nicely and the media lasts a long time.

Circa916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the 6stage 150gpd deluxe plus, hooked up last night and I'm running between 50-55psi the output line barely has anything coming out of it while waste is considerably more which I am aware there will be a slight difference but according to brs it should be 1.5:1 which it is closer to 5:1. is there a break in period for a new setup? the brs video on 6 stage states 50psi is required but the chart online says it needs 65psi. I am only staying at this residence for 3 months while my house is being remodeled so I would hate to spend another 150 on a booster pump when I know the pressure at the new house is more than adequate. any ideas??

PapaWhisky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
50-55 psi is fine, whereas 65 psi is the sweet spot for maximum efficiency. I have the 6 stage 75 gpd and it runs fine at 50 psi. Your system is basically the same as mine except it runs two RO membranes in parallel. I suspect that you have the flush valve open if that much waste water is being produced. (Is there a rushing sound of water through the membranes?)

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the 6stage 150gpd deluxe plus, hooked up last night and I'm running between 50-55psi the output line barely has anything coming out of it while waste is considerably more which I am aware there will be a slight difference but according to brs it should be 1.5:1 which it is closer to 5:1. is there a break in period for a new setup? the brs video on 6 stage states 50psi is required but the chart online says it needs 65psi. I am only staying at this residence for 3 months while my house is being remodeled so I would hate to spend another 150 on a booster pump when I know the pressure at the new house is more than adequate. any ideas??

The recommended pressures in the video are geared toward those single membrane units and in most cases higher pressures are required for dual membrane configurations. The table on the site recommends minimum operating pressures of 65-80psi for dual configurations, which should overcome variables such as water temp that can also effect the rejection rates.

Check out THIS BRStv Investigates VIDEO we did that really shows how pressure effects rejection rates as well as product water production rates. It really helps to drive home how pressure can affect performance, which is nearly equal across the board for any RODI unit. :)

Back