Clarcki or Tomato or Cinnamon Clownfish (IM Nuvo 10 Gallon)?

HistoryTeach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reef2Reef Members. I am a brand new member (as of 6/28/2021) and would like some input.

I have a fully cycled--it's been running for nine weeks--IM Nuvo 10 Gallon Cube with the enhanced MightyJet pump. I have tested several times and the readings are: pH 8.0/8.2; Ammonia 0.0; Nitrite 0.0, Nitrate 20/10 ppm; SG 1.024. Other than "ghost feeding" the empty tank several times per week, there are no inhabitants. I have also done at least six weekly 2 gallon water changes as well.

Question: Can I place one (1) Clarcki or Tomato or Cinnamon Clownfish in this tank or is it just too small for these specific clowns?

TY

Last edited:

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!! I currently have 7 different species of clownfish including pairs of clarkii and cinnamon. Is it possible maybe at least for a while, but I would recommend against it. IMO ocellaris and percula clownfish, which can have amazing markings, would be okay in the 10g cube. Good luck with whatever you choose!

Clownfish.gif

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reef2Reef Members. I am a brand new member (as of 6/28/2021) and would like some input.

I have a fully cycled--it's been running for nine weeks--IM Nuvo 10 Gallon Cube with the enhanced MightyJet pump. I have tested several times and the readings are: pH 8.0/8.2; Ammonia 0.0; Nitrite 0.0, Nitrate 20/10 ppm; SG 1.024. Other than "ghost feeding" the empty tank several times per week, there are no inhabitants. I have also done at least six weekly 2 gallon water changes as well.

Question: Can I place one (1) Clarcki or Tomato or Cinnamon Clownfish in this tank or is it just too small for these specific clowns?

TY
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

TY
Welcome!

Glad you joined. I think you can start those clowns in your tank, but perhaps you have plans for future larger tank to rehome later? Best to have plan for fish lifespan, this is good article: https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/estimating-the-need-for-swimming-space-for-aquarium-fishes.801/

OP
OP
H

HistoryTeach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!! I currently have 7 different species of clownfish including pairs of clarkii and cinnamon. Is it possible maybe at least for a while, but I would recommend against it. IMO ocellaris and percula clownfish, which can have amazing markings, would be okay in the 10g cube. Good luck with whatever you choose!

Clownfish.gif
I wanted something a bit more unique than the "usual suspects"; however, any suggestions on an online retailer for Mocha and/or Black Occelaris clowns? Would two Occelaris clowns live comfortably in the IM Nuvo10 gallon cube?

TY

Last edited:

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

TY
Hello!

I have this exact tank. Mine has been up and running for 2 years. I have maxi/mini anemones, rock flower anemones, and a bubbletip.

Its my low maintenance tank. I haven’t done a water change in months and months. I feed my anemones several times per week (silversides). I add pellets 2x daily for the crab and anemones shrimp.

I use the 328gph pump I believe you are using. Please note this pump is temperamental. It will reduce flow suddenly or over time, even when not dirty. This can lead to salinity swings. I have to shake it every month or so and it perks back up. I’ve gone through 3-4 since setting up the tank. I have a sicce syncra pump ready to go the next time it happens (but I keep hearing the sicce is loud).

I have a heater in the back, I use a filter sock that I change every 2 weeks, a 6 month old bag of chemipure, and I’ll add a IM spinstream to the return every few months until it breaks (I have one sitting next to the Sicce).

I had a little Tunze power head in there until it ate an anemone. Honestly it isn’t necessary on this tank and everyone is happy without it!

I’m lighting mine with a Kessil A160 Tuna Blue. I plan on using my PAR meter on it when I have some time but the BTA bubbles up nicely even though it’s at the surface.

Honestly everything is going so well I’m afraid to touch anything in the tank!

My wife informed me that she ordered some sort of crazy “electric blue” percula or false percula for the tank due in on Wednesday.

Please be advised that a lot of “clownfish” get really large. Full grown Tomato clowns (if I recall corrrectly) would look ridiculous in our tank!

I would go with tank bred for sure and look at the smaller clownfish. You can really focus on getting some crazy designer fish while still not trying to push your tank’s limits.

2 years ago I was wary of long term care of anemones in these small tanks but if I can do it, you definitely can!

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted something a bit more unique than the "usual suspects"; however, any suggestions on an online retailer for Mocha and/or Black Occelaris clowns? Would two Occelaris clowns live comfortably in the IM Nuvo10 gallon cube?

TY
Bicinctus Clownfish are pretty and different. They come with blue stripes (sometimes).

I mentioned below. My wife got a line on a pair of Blue Percula’s (or false) which I had never seen before.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

TY
clarki smallest and friendliest

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back