Clarcki or Tomato or Cinnamon Clownfish (IM Nuvo 10 Gallon)?

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R!
Goofy Movie Hello GIF

Clarkii82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reef2Reef Members. I am a brand new member (as of 6/28/2021) and would like some input.

I have a fully cycled--it's been running for nine weeks--IM Nuvo 10 Gallon Cube with the enhanced MightyJet pump. I have tested several times and the readings are: pH 8.0/8.2; Ammonia 0.0; Nitrite 0.0, Nitrate 20/10 ppm; SG 1.024. Other than "ghost feeding" the empty tank several times per week, there are no inhabitants. I have also done at least six weekly 2 gallon water changes as well.

Question: Can I place one (1) Clarcki or Tomato or Cinnamon Clownfish in this tank or is it just too small for these specific clowns?

TY

Hey fellow newbie (this is my first post). I spotted Clarkii in your subject title and thought I'd take a quick peak before introducing myself to the group.

I love the Clarkii clownfish, so much my profile name is such, but be warned as mine (a female) has proved to be a right pain. I have a 43g/200L cube tank and the Clarkii has become territorial to the extent I cannot put any other fish in the tank. It wasn't until a lot of dead/missing fish later that I realised what the problem was. That said, I do have one remaining blue damsel that has managed to stay clear of the Clarkii.

I'm now deliberating as to what options I take to restock my tank ie. rehome my Clarkii if only temporarily.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fellow newbie (this is my first post). I spotted Clarkii in your subject title and thought I'd take a quick peak before introducing myself to the group.

I love the Clarkii clownfish, so much my profile name is such, but be warned as mine (a female) has proved to be a right pain. I have a 43g/200L cube tank and the Clarkii has become territorial to the extent I cannot put any other fish in the tank. It wasn't until a lot of dead/missing fish later that I realised what the problem was. That said, I do have one remaining blue damsel that has managed to stay clear of the Clarkii.

I'm now deliberating as to what options I take to restock my tank ie. rehome my Clarkii if only temporarily.
I had a Lightning clown that couldn't tolerate new nemo clowns sharing his 13 anemones... so he went to purgatory (sump) to heal his mouth and nose from so many bitings inflicted on the new clowns and then he was sold/rehomed... but I miss him... lightning had more personality than the 7 nemos combined... Heard he was sole survivor of TX ice this winter so he was a tough one, too!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back