clari sea 3000 adapted to red sea 350?!

janimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there,
We are looking to get rid of our filter socks and use the rollers instead. My question is what parts of the sump do you remove? the box where your overflow and return water return to and the filter socks section or just the the filter socks section and leave that glass box intact? insight is appreciated Thanks

Nathan80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either will work, if you remove it all the return to the tank will hook directly into the Clarisea (that's how I did it). If you leave the glass box area intact you'll need to do a bit of pipework and solvent welding to put an angle on to connect the Clarisea onto.

I've attached a photo of mine....

Attachments

• Clarisea.jpg
    Clarisea.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 75
OP
OP
J

janimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, thanks Nathan80! Can you show a picture of what it looks like from behind by any chance? Is it just empty behind the Clarisea? Did you end up puting the filter roller up on something to give it better height or is it just sitting on the bottom of your sump?

Nathan80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There you go dude - few different angles there. Its just sat on the bottom of the sump.

Only slight annoyance is as the roll starts to get full on the dirty side the door won't shut completely for a few days until its ready to change so I have to leave it slightly ajar (which I'm happy to live with as it makes life so much easier overall)

Attachments

• IMG_6458.jpeg
    IMG_6458.jpeg
    238 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_6460.jpeg
    IMG_6460.jpeg
    228.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6462.jpeg
    IMG_6462.jpeg
    235.9 KB · Views: 50

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 34 81.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.8%
Back