Clarification of some myths about GHL or ProfiLux

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Mistahbrock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there

Hopefully this is not irrelevant in the overall thread...

I am a dedicated mac / OS X user, and yes, it would be nice with a mac version og certain software but this is not always possible.

I would recommend using oracle's virtual box, which is a free software solution able to run other operational systems on your mac
( and vice versa :) )
it's relatively easy to get up and running and most of all it's absolutely free.

I am waiting to receive a GHL profilux 4 and I intend to use this solution when it arrives :)

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't tried virtual box yet. Will try it out and see if my tinyXP will work with it. Some times USB drivers can be wonky.

Mistahbrock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True.

I installed the GHL Control just to see how it looked ( don't have the profilux I just ordered yet...) and the drivers installed with the wellknown "non WDM" windows message, so I think it will work :)

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also used virtual box. Takes some trouble shooting to get the usb connection working, but once that is figured out, it worked well. Didn’t need to spend any money and used my MacBook Pro.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.6%

Back