Clarity on Tropic Marin Part C

Jet915

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just watched the BRS Marin balling method. Can Part C be dosed weekly like I do magnesium? I really dont have room in my sump for another doser or an outlet for another timer....lol.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just watched the BRS Marin balling method. Can Part C be dosed weekly like I do magnesium? I really dont have room in my sump for another doser or an outlet for another timer....lol.

It should be dosed to the same rate to the lowest dose of either their alk or cal intake to your reef. So if your dosing less cal than alk, lock it into your daily cal dose.

It's not for trace element supplement, It's designed to keep your ions imbalance for a longer period of time. Don't know if it keeps ions more imbalance or not???

@Randy Holmes-Farley

Can you mix TM Part C with their cal or their alk?

rusgum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can add Part C once a day, every 2 days, every 3 days, even once a week. As stated above, the addition of Part C must ultimately match the same volumes supplied by Parts A and B. Equalize Y before the water change.

A sea K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can add Part C once a day, every 2 days, every 3 days, even once a week. As stated above, the addition of Part C must ultimately match the same volumes supplied by Parts A and B. Equalize Y before the water change.
So if my tank is consuming 25ml of part A and 25ml of part B daily then I need to add 50ml of part C every day or 350ml weekly but always prior to a WC, correct?

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if my tank is consuming 25ml of part A and 25ml of part B daily then I need to add 50ml of part C every day or 350ml weekly but always prior to a WC, correct?

No, you don't add cal to your alk dose together and make Part C to that combined sum.

If your Part A dose gets off from TM's Part B dose, then dose Part C to the lower dose of the two.

If your A dose is 25ml and B dose is 25ml then dose Part C 25ml

rusgum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Итак, если мой резервуар потребляет 25 мл части А и 25 мл части В ежедневно, то мне нужно добавлять 50 мл части С каждый день или 350 мл еженедельно, но всегда до туалета, правильно?
[/ЦИТАТА]
Part C also 25. Lost in translation. Once a week 175, but preferably a day before changing the water.

Last edited:

Jet915

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, you don't add cal to your alk dose together and make Part C to that combined sum.

If your Part A dose gets off from TM's Part B dose, then dose Part C to the lower dose of the two.

If your A dose is 25ml and B dose is 25ml then dose Part C 25ml
According to the BRS balling method, you are suppose to double what you dose alkalinity. So if my daily dose of alkalinity (soda ash) is 60 ml, i should be dosing part c 120 ml daily?

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to the BRS balling method, you are suppose to double what you dose alkalinity. So if my daily dose of alkalinity (soda ash) is 60 ml, i should be dosing part c 120 ml daily?

That maybe be the case if you dose BRS cal and alk with TM Part C

But if you dose TM Part A and TM Part B then the Part C dose should match TM's A and B doses.

If your TM Part A and Part B doses do not come out evenly, then you dose TM Part C to the lower dose of A or B.

U

User1

View Badges
That maybe be the case if you dose BRS cal and alk with TM Part C

But if you dose TM Part A and TM Part B then the Part C dose should match TM's A and B doses.

If your TM Part A and Part B doses do not come out evenly, then you dose TM Part C to the lower dose of A or B.

After reading the last couple of posts this is why I ended up with the single TM AFR dose :). Too many if than else :D although it seems pretty straight forward in the end.

rusgum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After reading the last couple of posts this is why I ended up with the single TM AFR dose :). Too many if than else :D although it seems pretty straight forward in the end.
It's not that simple with TM AFR. For example, it's easier for me to control each string on the guitar. :)

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

lol
I tried All for Reef, but it fired up cyano.

And, I would use their DIY powers and leave out the magnesium.

Here's the answer for TM's Full Balling:

"How to use:

Each bag has to be dissolved in separate containers in 5l/1.32 US-gal. of RO water. After that the three salt solutions can be used immediately. Separately add equal amounts of all three solutions successively to the tank water daily.... (DO NOT MIX THE SOLUTIONS)."

U

User1

View Badges
Thanks @rusgum and @GoVols :D.

Interesting note on the cyno. I'm seeing that in my tank but never associated to TM AFR. I honestly don't remember how it was when I was dosing ESV 2 part previously. Not about me though but I found the thread interesting and fun so thank you both :). Everyone for that matter!

Jet915

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone actually seen improvement in coral growth/coloration using Tropic Marin balling method? I searched the forum and couldnt really find any evidence that it makes a difference.....

rusgum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone actually seen improvement in coral growth/coloration using Tropic Marin balling method? I searched the forum and couldnt really find any evidence that it makes a difference.....
I have been using this firm for many years. I know the pros and cons. You can go to my little topic.

rusgum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This method is very common in Europe and Russia. Lots of worthy reefs

Jet915

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I did a quick calculation, looks like I would need to dose 1680 ml of Part C a week (I dose 120 ml of soda ash daily) Its ok to dose 1680 ml once weekly? Seems like alot to dump in a tank at once. I dont fully understand the chemistry dont want my tank to crash....also, why should I dose part C BEFORE a water change? Looks like adding this method to my BRS 2 part comes out to about 10 dollars extra a month which seems worthwhile if it helps.

rusgum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I did a quick calculation, looks like I would need to dose 1680 ml of Part C a week (I dose 120 ml of soda ash daily) Its ok to dose 1680 ml once weekly? Seems like alot to dump in a tank at once. I dont fully understand the chemistry dont want my tank to crash....also, why should I dose part C BEFORE a water change? Looks like adding this method to my BRS 2 part comes out to about 10 dollars extra a month which seems worthwhile if it helps.
Sorry, but I am an adherent of one method. Overlapping with time creates an imbalance. Either you switch entirely to one method or is it a roulette game

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That does not answer the question though. There are also many nice reef tanks not using it.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back