Clarkii clowns with white spot near eye

Yahdiel91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all.. Had a sudden death in my tank today, got home from work and my midas blenny was dead, he looked healthy always swimming he ate alot.. Tested waters and everything is good. He did have moments where it looked like he was attacking the rock work but just thought it was normal.. Later on i kept an eye on the rest of the fishes make sure they look good and noticed a white dot on one of my clarkii clownfish.. i started the hobby and this tank about 4 months ago and haven't experienced any fish diseases.. Anyone know what that can be? And could it have been the cause for the blenny? Anything helps thank you!

OP
OP
Yahdiel91

Yahdiel91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20210901_190752.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the clownfish breathing o.k. and still eating? If so, I would say this is just a minor injury. Midas blennies are notorious for eating well, but then becoming emaciated and dying. Did yours look think towards the end?

Jay

OP
OP
Yahdiel91

Yahdiel91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the clownfish breathing o.k. and still eating? If so, I would say this is just a minor injury. Midas blennies are notorious for eating well, but then becoming emaciated and dying. Did yours look think towards the end?

Jay
Yes, the clownfish is breathing normal and it eats very aggressively.. My midas was also an aggressive eater but a few days before he died i did notice he was randomly laying in a corner but whenever i would come feed em he would swim to the surface and eat like a pig so i just thought it was normal.. he was pretty chunky for a midas and very active, he didn't perch much. I did inspect him a little closer and didn't really find anything on him or anything abnormal.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.3%
Back