Classic upgrade to 2016 experience?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

shiftline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To anyone that has a classic and has upgrades to a 2016

How was your upgrade experience? Were you able to port over the code or did you. have to start from scratch?

Did you fee the new features were worth the upgrade cost?

I recently replaced my ORP and PH to the lab probes (curses!) but now I'm debating selling the classic and upgrading... on the fence!

Tyreef2016

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made the switch this week. Grabbed it during the marine depot Macna sale. after selling the classic I didn't have to spend much for the upgrade. I just started a new tank and once I saw the trident it was a no brainer to move forward.

experience so far is great. easy fast setup. salinity probe issues is all I'm dealing with. I don't think you can transfer code but may be wrong. It's not very hard to set it back up quick.

I feel moving forward your only hurting yourself by waiting and letting the classic loose value.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My understanding is that there is no way to copy over programming. It's part of what has stopped me from making the move - too many energy bars and modules to switch over.

OP
OP
shiftline

shiftline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like the best way is to leave he old one running. Plug in the new one. Have two browsers open and just copy and paste each outlet code as you set it up

AcanthurusRex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be nice to have a text file one could import and use as a backup or base configuration. And edit as needed.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 50 84.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.1%
Back