Clean Chaeto

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

special-ops-s2k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been trying to buy some clean Chaeto for awhile now, BRS has 8oz and 16oz pack sizes listed but are always out of stock. Can I order from you? Are you going to have one of those larger packs available anytime soon?

Tariq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look up rinsing the Chaeto in freshwater to get rid of critters. Freshwater doesn’t affect macro algae.
I recall seeing a post here not too long ago.

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Look up rinsing the Chaeto in freshwater to get rid of critters. Freshwater doesn’t affect macro algae.
I recall seeing a post here not too long ago.
Freshwater can kill many macros. We tried and tested.

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been trying to buy some clean Chaeto for awhile now, BRS has 8oz and 16oz pack sizes listed but are always out of stock. Can I order from you? Are you going to have one of those larger packs available anytime soon?

We are currently not selling 8oz and 16oz packs. We are working on scaling our production. We just turned an additional 900 gallons online last week, and we are planning on getting another 1800 gallons online next week.

OP
OP
special-ops-s2k

special-ops-s2k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are currently not selling 8oz and 16oz packs. We are working on scaling our production. We just turned an additional 900 gallons online last week, and we are planning on getting another 1800 gallons online next week.

I have 250gal water volume and the fuge only grows nucience algae. I need a large portion of Chaeto to get it started... Last time I ordered from you the Chaeto died out because it was too small and the tank was newer

sarcophytonIndy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 250gal water volume and the fuge only grows nucience algae. I need a large portion of Chaeto to get it started... Last time I ordered from you the Chaeto died out because it was too small and the tank was newer
You really shouldn't need a lot of chaeto to get started. Just keep removing the nuisance algae until the chaeto takes off. What lighting are you using?

OP
OP
special-ops-s2k

special-ops-s2k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2x Orphek OR Bars in a custom spectrum for algae growth.
IMG_20190829_150418.jpg
IMG_20190829_150459.jpg

sarcophytonIndy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, that should work. I'm using one of these, and i harvest my chaeto every couple of weeks.

1587444466324.png

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Freshwater can kill many macros. We tried and tested.

cheato in a rinse?

I made a post this week telling someone to rinse in tap water (if no rodi was available) because I have done it a number of times and have noticed no die off or growth problems after rinsing in tap water.

It's your algae I bought 4 years ago btw. still growing strong

I ask recognizing I am giving our anecdotal advice and that you have a lot more experience with cheato than me?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back