Clean way to run rodi lines thru wall?

CoRPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was thinking of getting a blank wall cover and putting bulkheads through it but that’s a few extra connections I’d rather not deal with.

Anything on the market to get this going?

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not that I'm aware of. It would need to be pieced together and lots of diy. It can definately be done with parts from the hardware store most likely. Thinking pvc with threaded on push to connect fittings on either side of the wall type of thing.

Following to see if someone posts up something that's in a kit. Kinda curious.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I am following correct @MTBake had a great idea.

This is assuming you are using pex. I would get 2 cable wall plates and take out the cable fittings. Drill a hole for the line thru both walls. Get a pex fitting, something like below. Put the fitting in the hole you pulled the cable from on the plate. Then use the threaded fittings on the connector to screw down to the backside Of the plate. Run a line between fittings in the wall. This way you can disconnect lines from the plates as need and just a hole for the line and plate screws to repair if removed.

1571186499875.jpeg

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw this done in a brstv episode. Dont remeber which one though. I think it was one about automatic water changes using the neptune dos.

OP
OP
C

CoRPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping not to have any connections in the wall because a leak may not be noticed quick enough... but it would look ***** clean

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could just drill a hole through the wall just large enough for the tube. You will most likely need an electricians snake it get it through the wall though. Or something similar. Then just add a bit silicone around the tube and wall to make it look clean.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water supply tube is easy to hide at baseboards? I don't know if there is a better answer out there but I'll be watching.
Water supply.gif

Drills take to long

1571188232560.gif

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could use a fiber wall plate for running cables into the walls...
large_bb706-PrimeCables-Cab-DBUWP1G-HDMI-Wall-Plates-Primecables-1-Gang-Brush-White-Wall-Plate...jpg

Tons of options out there wall plate wise for cables, they will work just the same with RODI tubing as they do with cables. :)

Last edited:

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could use a fiber wall plate for running cables into the walls...
large_bb706-PrimeCables-Cab-DBUWP1G-HDMI-Wall-Plates-Primecables-1-Gang-Brush-White-Wall-Plate...jpg

Tons of options out there wall plate wise for cables, they will work just the same with RODI tubing as they do with cables. :)
drill hole to fit 1 1/4” pvc pipe thru the wall flush. Then cover with these covers on each side, and just use a smaller wood screw instead of the ones that screw into box. Just run RODI lines thru it with no fittings to leak and room to reroute or replace.

K95ranger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you running the tubes between the wall or just going from one side to the other? How about a cat5 wall plate? I have seen single to 5 hole squares on a single plate and it would eliminate drilling if used 3/8 or smaller tube.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you install a Low Voltage, gang box to secure your cover plate to. Wood screws going into anchors tend to tear up things. The advantage of the gang box is you can easily work and feed tubes in a bigger hole.

My install will be the Low voltage gang box, cover plate drilled for RO bulkhead fittings. It will look clean and neat. Also leak checked before closing it up.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bumping this up bc I need to do this coming from outside wall to inside wall for RODI setup. Some helpful ideas already in this thread.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 80 87.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back