Cleanest Chaeto Source?

Dr. Joe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im looking to add chaeto to my tank for the first time. Most people recommend Algaebarn. But when I read reviews, there are a lot of people who find things like aiptasia and hitchhikers. Is this the best option or are there other sources where the cleanliness of the chaeto is better? Or is there anyone in SW Florida that has a clean tank that would be willing to share some with me? :)

Philly Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im looking to add chaeto to my tank for the first time. Most people recommend Algaebarn. But when I read reviews, there are a lot of people who find things like aiptasia and hitchhikers. Is this the best option or are there other sources where the cleanliness of the chaeto is better? Or is there anyone in SW Florida that has a clean tank that would be willing to share some with me? :)

I was skeptical about Algae Barn too before. But decided to try them anyway. The chaeto came clean for me.

Like lots of big company, most of the stuff online are the complaints. The praises are only few.

Their customer service was good to me too. So I did have a good impression from them. I will be purchasing more stuff from them in the future

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You should give us a shot! If there are any issues with your order we will stand by you 100% :) ~Shaun K

pochaxoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try Gulf Coast Ecosystems

Wow, what is going on....I can't find Chaeto anywhere. Everyone seems to be out of stock. Is this the twilight zone where Cheato stops growing like a weed? All of the sites above along with Algae Barn are out. Anyone know what is happening?

LBReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its fairly easy to make any chaeto clean by doing a prolonged freshwater drip. That being said why would you want to. Bristle worms and aptasia are easy to identify and remove from chaeto.

Fishn’Chick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Algae Barn has been out for months , I agree with pochaxoo , there is def. a clean chaeto deficit problem.

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow, what is going on....I can't find Chaeto anywhere. Everyone seems to be out of stock. Is this the twilight zone where Cheato stops growing like a weed? All of the sites above along with Algae Barn are out. Anyone know what is happening?
Just a recent high demand so lots of orders rolling in causing us to have to wait to grow some out before putting back in stock again. Sorry for any inconvenience~ Shaun K

Philly Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a recent high demand so lots of orders rolling in causing us to have to wait to grow some out before putting back in stock again. Sorry for any inconvenience~ Shaun K

Hey Shaun - @AlgaeBarn
Is there something wrong with your website? I cant see any macro algae listed
Or all of them out of stocks?
16001072987216259126479922033306.jpg

Last edited:

medskie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having the same issues. I just need some clean chaeto for my new 80 gallon setup. Hopefully we see a restock soon!

Randallh99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the chaeto I got from reefcleaners.org was clean but looks like they are out of stock as well. They tend to update fairly consistently. The one benefit from them is that their crabs and snails are dirt cheap and you can add chaeto and pods to the order if you qualify for free shipping.

Creggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KP aquatics - it's only $8 and if you get hitchhikers you'll get a brittle star or a featherduster.

Strongly recommend, it grows fast and they give a fair amount :)

Bnutz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got some clean chaeto from ebay. Seller themacroman. I did the 2 cup order the only things I noticed was pods and a small sponge. I would have gone with algae barn but they have been out of stock

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have a 10 gallon tub filled with the stuff. PM me and I'll send you all you want.

Back