Cleaning and protecting wooden tank stand??

blackstallion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for what folks are using to clean and protect the wooden stand from warping, especially on the upper rim where saltwater splashes when doing WCs and people are constantly leaning to look into the tank.

There are a lot of cleaning supplies for wood, BUT, I'm guessing most of them would be lethal if they ended up in the tank.

So which ones are safe to use around the reef?

Hoshiaki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for what folks are using to clean and protect the wooden stand from warping, especially on the upper rim where saltwater splashes when doing WCs and people are constantly leaning to look into the tank.

There are a lot of cleaning supplies for wood, BUT, I'm guessing most of them would be lethal if they ended up in the tank.

So which ones are safe to use around the reef?
I’ve seen a lot of people prop their tanks on a thin foam piece to separate it between the wood. i’m not sure what type of tank you have, or if it’s built in the wooden stand, do you have a photo?

rezaktp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The foam piece is a means of leveling the tank, it is good practice.
Try your best to wipe down any splashes of water as it happens. Put any furniture polish on a rag then wipe down, don’t spray it on the stand

OP
OP
blackstallion

blackstallion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The foam piece is a means of leveling the tank, it is good practice.
Try your best to wipe down any splashes of water as it happens. Put any furniture polish on a rag then wipe down, don’t spray it on the stand
Any suggestions for what furniture polish? With everyone having wooden stands, especially for DTs, I have to assume this is not a new topic, but I just can't find any discussion's on it.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 75 78.1%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • Other

Votes: 9 9.4%
Back