Cleaning Crews where do yall buy yours from

nightmarepl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking to buy a cleaning crew for my 75g where do yall order from my last one was from reef cleaners but the 50% dead rate plus the headache of a refund wasnt worth my time again.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always John at Reef Cleaners for larger orders. Just a snail or crab or two I just use my LFS.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only purchase from reefcleaners.org. I've had multiple orders and no where near the dead loss you had.

OP
OP
nightmarepl

nightmarepl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only purchase from reefcleaners.org. I've had multiple orders and no where near the dead loss you had.
ya i ordered twice first time was about 30% no heat pack horrible way of packaging second order i had 30 hermits with like 2 spoons of water they where basically dried out packaging on others wasnt impressive at all. i contacted john through emails 3 weeks to get a refund cause he didnt " believe " me after is sent him like 10 pictures of the dead he told me their playing dead or hiding in their shell lol i literally had the bodies of the hermit out of the shell on my hand dead... guy isnt friendly one bit..

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ya i ordered twice first time was about 30% no heat pack horrible way of packaging second order i had 30 hermits with like 2 spoons of water they where basically dried out packaging on others wasnt impressive at all. i contacted john through emails 3 weeks to get a refund cause he didnt " believe " me after is sent him like 10 pictures of the dead he told me their playing dead or hiding in their shell lol i literally had the bodies of the hermit out of the shell on my hand dead... guy isnt friendly one bit..
Mine have all arrived in barely any water too. Few hours after being added to the tank they were all fine. It's the best way to ship them.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never once had a problem getting DOA's refunded from John. One email is all it's ever taken for me. Several different critters are shipped with wet paper towels and minimal water. If the bag is sealed, there's no way it should dry out in a few days. That's my personal experience.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Several places but John is one of my go to spots at Reef Cleaners.

Puffthefish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking to buy a cleaning crew for my 75g where do yall order from my last one was from reef cleaners but the 50% dead rate plus the headache of a refund wasnt worth my time again.
Saltybottom. Great price, great selection, great service.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefcleaners 100% for large orders. Never had an issue with john, even up to a month ago. Have placed numerous orders over the years with him, never much death(least to the amount your claiming) and most were shipped with wet paper towels(barely any water).

John is great guy to work with, and he stands behind his product 100%.

Maybe he was having a bad day? Maybe it was the tone of your email? Who knows. But your dealings with him are unlike most of us here on the forums, and why is he is often the goto for CUC.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if GARF is still in business? Years and years ago, they were a decent place to get a CuC from. They are local to me, but I don’t think they have a store front that is open to the public, their website is still up but it looks like it hasn’t been updated in a while, it looks like it’s straight out of 1996.

Totlxtc

2 wheeled Idiot
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Cleaners or my not so LFS

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I was to ship with reef cleaners during the summer I would get it overnighted. I had one shipment which took four days from Florida to VT and had some loss and the order wasn't complete, but John did make it right and refunded me some of the order. I've also ordered from Unique Corals for some turbos and a coral and they worked out well. I think in years past I've also used reeftopia.

reefinatl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another vote for Reefcleaners. Good variety and prices. 3 orders no issues, even with an urchin.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 120 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back