cleaning filter sponge

Fish?

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had just cleaned the sponge by taking a bucket of ro water and squeezed it until the bucket turned cloudy, so would that be ok or should I do something else?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I do similar under the tap until less sediment is noticeable and return it to the tank

OP
OP
Fish?

Fish?

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do similar under the tap until less sediment is noticeable and return it to the tank
I heard that using chemiclean can take out the extra nutrients and chlorine from the tap, would that be someone trying to sell me or would it be an actual good idea? Just because the sponge is black and I can't really tell if its clean, so after a few uses should I just purchase a new one, and about how many uses if so?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I heard that using chemiclean can take out the extra nutrients and chlorine from the tap, would that be someone trying to sell me or would it be an actual good idea? Just because the sponge is black and I can't really tell if its clean, so after a few uses should I just purchase a new one, and about how many uses if so?
Dirty looking is ok as long as it has the ability to trap sediment. As for chemiclean, it is intended for removal of cyano.
You may be thinking of Chemipure ?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back