Clownfish.gif

Upvote 0

thatone08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Yes, you remove the cup. Then rinse it out and use your hands(with gloves on) or a piece of paper towels and wipe it down. Also don’t forget about the lid, some gunk gets attached on there as well. Can also use a small baby bottle brush to clean the hard to reach area of the cup.

word of advice use two hand when removing it. You do t want all that skimmate back in the display.

Upvote 0

Chilly1818

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I have an all in one 20 gallon Red Sea Nano Max. I clean the protein skimmer cup weekly. But there is build up at the bottom of the skimmer. How do I best clean that. Do I need to take the entire assembly out? Thank you!
I had the same question. I was looking online and found your exact same question as I did lol. I’m thinking of pulling it out and use vinegar to get rid of some of the build up and rinse and put back. Any other ideas?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

raymd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same question. I was looking online and found your exact same question as I did lol. I’m thinking of pulling it out and use vinegar to get rid of some of the build up and rinse and put back. Any other ideas?
@Chilly1818 I heard at the LFS that citric acid is better than vinger as vinegar might damage the mechanism.

Upvote 0
Back