Cleaning rock with corals and other wanted hitchhikers

Cjud7982

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I got a couple questions for you. A little while ago I was saving some corals from a crashing system and the person gave them to me. I have a coral qt tank so out came all the corals and coral covered rocks and into my qt tank. I have kept them in qt for over 76 days fishless, so parasites aren't a concern. Most corals are going well and I'd like to place them into my display so they can grow out and propegate.

The concern I have is how do I keep the good stuff and being sure I have no aiptasia, majanos, or other pests/nuossance algeas. I have done a couple of peroxide dips on the hardier corals that can handle it.

I have a large leather colony, a pinkish cauliflower with some palys and zoas on it that I have seen a couple aiptasia on. Aside from manually cleaning this peice, is there anything I can do? This also applies to a beautiful piece that has a super colorful rock anemone and huge feather duster. The last peice is a rock that has some ricordea on it. The other frags I can dip and place on new plugs as normal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s been 76 days and you haven’t seen anything , you’re probably fine.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To feel more secure could turn down the blue lights abd examine with white lights only. Will make it easier to spot anything might have missed.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back