ClearView Tsunami - The modular bulletproof lid that grows with your tank.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE:
We've revamped the entire ordering interface to simplify the ordering process. It is now A LOT easier to add custom options to your Tsunami Lid. The whole process can no be done from one product page with the use of a few dropdown boxes to add as many custom options as you would like to your lid.

Insane320

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tank that is Euro braced from left to right it is 42 inches long, next 30 inches next 21 inches next 51 inches, next 63 inches next 21 inches. how much for this tank???
IMG_4353.JPG

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tank that is Euro braced from left to right it is 42 inches long, next 30 inches next 21 inches next 51 inches, next 63 inches next 21 inches. how much for this tank???
IMG_4353.JPG

Cool L-Shaped tank Insane. We've built a few tanks like that over the years. The viewing perspectives and aquascapes can be really fun. As for the Tsunami, we don't yet produce them for custom tanks, but we will in the future so stay tuned!

I sure it’s already in the works, but when will you have the tsunami lids available for innovative marine tanks?

To establish the underlying support and distribution network we wanted to stick with one line on launch. Other popular lines will be added to our library in stages. Innovative Marine tanks are next up on the design block for sure.

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a neat little GIF showing the 'technique' for connecting the Tsunami Interlock Joints together.
Align the two interlock sections, firm push to get them seated a bit, a good smack or two (with a third just to be sure in this case), and that's it!
We already have a video up with detailed screening instructions and have more videos coming soon with more detailed assembly instructions.
20180209_132150_1.gif

This picture is of a Reefer 625XXL Tsunami Lid. It has upgrades for both the overflow and feed door bridges. Not everyone wants to screen their own lid. And you don't have to.
For orders that are already in queue for the Classic ClearView Lids we have been offering the option to convert to the Tsunami as we go. Thus far of those asked, 4 out every 5 are choosing to convert.
I mean, why not?! Tsunami can be customized just like the Classic (with a few limitations), provides adaptability for the future, looks amazing, and ships 2-3 x's as quickly. Add in Professional build and screen
and you get the same service and quality product, but faster...
Tsunami 625XXL assembled.jpg

....AND get money back in your pocket!! In this case, $47.94 was saved and the customer still receives a fully built and screened ClearView Lid.
625xxl Classic vs Tsunami Cart.jpg

Last edited:

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are or have you built any screens for the IM Lagoon series? I have the nano model so it is 24"x 20" no rear chamber. IM 25 Nano

Philt56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a special cut template already made for an ecotech Rms mount for a Radeon light? Can I see what it looks like? Wasn’t sure if it needs to be deep to accommodate going over the widest piece where the screw is or just where it clamps over the glass edge.

Basically I want to be remove the screen if necessary without playing with loosening the mount’s clamp. Debating whether I would the lights on the 2 rear side sections or on the side sections for the multilight mount setup (if you are familiar with that).

Tiger-Paws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I placed an order on Wed 2/7/2018 at8:24 PM #AAIC6722 but as of today 02/11/2018 at 7:30 am CST I have yet to see an confirmation e-mail.

Please advise

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I placed an order on Wed 2/7/2018 at8:24 PM #AAIC6722 but as of today 02/11/2018 at 7:30 am CST I have yet to see an confirmation e-mail.

Please advise

Hi, Hotmail and Yahoo seem to be the email providers with the pickiest Spam filters so our automated Order Confirmation Emails can end up in your junk mail. Your order has already shipped. It shipped on 2/9/18. There would have been an automated email containing your tracking info as well which likely went to the same place. I have forwarded a separate email and sent you a PM with your tracking info. Delivery estimate says you should have it on 2/14...so Happy Valentines Day from ClearView Tsunami!!

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are or have you built any screens for the IM Lagoon series? I have the nano model so it is 24"x 20" no rear chamber. IM 25 Nano

We have done quite a few lids for the IM tanks with our Classic ClearView lids and those are available currently. The IM version of the Tsunami is in the works currently and will be available soon.

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a special cut template already made for an ecotech Rms mount for a Radeon light? Can I see what it looks like? Wasn’t sure if it needs to be deep to accommodate going over the widest piece where the screw is or just where it clamps over the glass edge.

Basically I want to be remove the screen if necessary without playing with loosening the mount’s clamp. Debating whether I would the lights on the 2 rear side sections or on the side sections for the multilight mount setup (if you are familiar with that).

The RMS mounts from Ecotech all share the same 3.5" length, but their width varies based on the factory spacer that you decide to use. I've attached a few pictures to show you how these different options work. Our recommendation regarding the screw depends on whether you will be rear mounting your lights or side mounting them with the multilight setup.

With rear mounted setups, the cutout can be made disregarding the screw as it can pass over/above the lid frame in most cases. The lid only sits 1/8" above the top of the glass which clears the screw in most cases as reported to us. At the worst, you may need to add a small spacer under the RMS mount to elevate it 1/16" or so if the lid frame were to rub on the bottom of the screw. We find that this small addition is a better option than making the entire cutout larger just to accommodate the screw as it produces a much smaller opening/avenue for escape.

With side mounted setups using the multilight setup it's a totally different ballgame. In this case, you wouldn't want the screw protruding over the frame at all as it would make removing the lid from the tank much more difficult/cumbersome. Here you would want to use the largest spacer available for the RMS mount as this will minimize the amount of screw that protrudes and fill a larger cutout with less empty space.

RMS Mount no spacer with screw.jpg

RMS Mount Screw Clearance.jpg

RMS Mount with big spacer (2).jpg

RMS Mount with big spacer and tape measure.jpeg

RMS mount and screw with dims.jpeg

Philt56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the details and pics! I didn’t even think about the extra spacer since they say it is for mounting on rimmed tanks. I was considering the side multilight setup since I could lift the lid up and slide it back a bit resting over the overflow and back glass to give me more access inside the tank for glass cleaning, etc. with lights on the rear glass it seems like my only option to lift the lid completely off and set it aside.

Last edited:

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How anyone built their lid yet? Mine arrived today. Getting the pieces to the seat is difficult. I'm leaning towards sanding the lexan. I can't seem to get them to seat even a 1/32" of an inch with bare hands, the notches need to be smaller

EDIT: It goes together fine if you're assertive with a mallet.

Last edited:

Josh Kraft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have, just line them up closely and use a rubber mallet to put them together. Don't be shy, you won't break it.

I recommend making sure the tabs and the screen slot are facing the correct directions, I didn't and had to take them apart, that is how I ended up learning you can't break this stuff.

Also, on the first batches they are assembling them before sending them out, so they have been seated once already.

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have, just line them up closely and use a rubber mallet to put them together. Don't be shy, you won't break it.

I recommend making sure the tabs and the screen slot are facing the correct directions, I didn't and had to take them apart, that is how I ended up learning you can't break this stuff.

Also, on the first batches they are assembling them before sending them out, so they have been seated once already.

Haha, thanks. I was being a coward with the mallet, but then I managed to break two pieces. I'll order some new sections today.

It goes together pretty smooth if you're assertive with the ballet. If you need to take it apart like you said, it's much easier to break.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've just put up videos on Assembly and Disassembly of the ClearView Tsunami frames. The Tsunami Kit being assembled/disassembled in the videos is for the Red Sea Reefer 170/Max E170. Check them out!

We will update the videos with captions describing the steps soon, but we didn't want to delay these videos any longer. The process is best understood by seeing the technique shown in the videos themselves.

Tiger-Paws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Review of Artfully Acrylic's new Tsunami Lid

The good, the great, the ugly and what seriously needs improvement.

The good: Their/your communications are exceptional.
Shipping is fast.
Overall build quality is excellent,
Easy to assemble.
Excellent design work.

The bad: As I specified a lid for a Red Sea Reefer Nano, why does the lid come as a standard 17"x17" square? The water surface area is not a square, this SHOULD be the standard NOT an option which is easily missed as in my case.

The ugly: Now I am forced to purchase a replacement section for the rear of the lid for $16.12 because Artfully Acrylic either intentionally or hopefully unintentionally misrepresented the lid I purchased in order to make additional income.
Additionally I now need to purchase additional screening as well.
This makes advertised vs. actual cost of the lid deceptive, similar to a bait and switch tactic.

Suggestion for corrective action to is issue, as I have stated above: Making the Red Sea Reefer Nano overflow (an others I am sure) an option at an additional expense is simply wrong, this should be the standard as that is how the aquarium is designed. Include instructions, while the lid is easy to assemble, printed instructions would have been a nice touch. Also please include a printed invoice, not including one is unprofessional.

I still recommend this product to others with the caveat that a person pay VERY close attention to what EXACTLY they are ordering. Hopefully Artfully Acrylic will make the necessary changes which will make a good product into a game changing one but for now purchase with caution because what you thought you ordered may not be what you receive.

Back