ClearView Tsunami - The modular bulletproof lid that grows with your tank.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ArtFully Acrylic what is your current lead time on new orders?

These are our listed lead times for all lid styles.

uhupong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im one of the first batch of.customer.who rush to order tsunami lid after seeing it on Jake Adam reef builder. The order was shipped to me on 05/14/2019 and arrive few days after.

It is sad to report that with less than a year. The lid is now sag in the middle and almost touch water underneath.

I can no longer recommend this lid to fellow reefer. I will post a follow up photos.

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im one of the first batch of.customer.who rush to order tsunami lid after seeing it on Jake Adam reef builder. The order was shipped to me on 05/14/2019 and arrive few days after.

It is sad to report that with less than a year. The lid is now sag in the middle and almost touch water underneath.

I can no longer recommend this lid to fellow reefer. I will post a follow up photos.

Hello Pong,

I have located your order information.

1. Your lid is NOT a Tsunami. It is a Pisces EXO.
2. Your lid frame is still under warranty...but your description of your issue doesn't lead me to believe there is a problem with the frame. To proctor a 'guess', as I've not seen these pictures you mention yet...your lids center brace or the mesh itself for that matter...may need adjustment/replacement.
3. Our customer service is, and will continue to be, exemplary.

There are a number of things that could have caused your particular issue. Some of them could indeed be due to a faulty part which we could and would happily assist in resolving. To go 'straight out of the gate' saying our lid is a faulty product all together and that you cannot recommend to fellow reefers without even contacting us!?!? Well, I do indeed find that quite unfair....but as I said...Our customer service is, and will continue to be, exemplary.

We have a very loyal following of your fellow reefers around the world who absolutely love our lids and the service we provide to the community. Having produced and shipped over 5000 lids around the world we can also say that we are indeed experts in this product arena....so why not give us the opportunity to actually help you??

If you will kindly contact us, by sending an email to [email protected], our Operations Manager Kerri will kindly assist you in determining exactly what your lids issue is and how best to go about resolving it.

Adam Bowers
CEO/Chief Engineer
ClearView Lids

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Good morning, I am Kerri, the Operations Manager for CLearview Lids. I emailed you first thing this morning requesting pictures so that I may ascertain the very best way to assist you with your posted issue. I do hope to hear from you soon, as I would be sad to know that a potentially easy to fix issue may cause an ongoing problem with your tank if left unattended.

uhupong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning, I am Kerri, the Operations Manager for CLearview Lids. I emailed you first thing this morning requesting pictures so that I may ascertain the very best way to assist you with your posted issue. I do hope to hear from you soon, as I would be sad to know that a potentially easy to fix issue may cause an ongoing problem with your tank if left unattended.
Thank you and honestly i am surprised to receive this level of active supports. Good customer service experience and thank you again.

I will email pics later today.

Tanggy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Kerri. I am looking at getting a custom lid from you guys. What is your turn around time?

Thanks

Andy

Jaebster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a link to our site page listing all lead times, including Custom Lids. https://www.clearviewlids.com/pages/current-lead-time-shipping-estimates
When will ur site be updated with price on the Red Sea 900 3XL? Have you produced any lids for theis tank yet? I do have a concern regarding weight and sagging for these "extra large" tanks. Are you able to section these in to 3 different I dependent sections so that the left, middle, right sections can be removed independantly and still be strong enough to prevent sagging? I'm interested in the Pisces EXO. Thank you!

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When will ur site be updated with price on the Red Sea 900 3XL? Have you produced any lids for theis tank yet? I do have a concern regarding weight and sagging for these "extra large" tanks. Are you able to section these in to 3 different I dependent sections so that the left, middle, right sections can be removed independently and still be strong enough to prevent sagging? I'm interested in the Pisces EXO. Thank you!
We are currently filling orders for the Red Sea 900xl utilizing our Custom Lids page. This is a 13 sq ft lid, available in all three lid styles. It does not require an overflow cutout, but if customers prefer one, if must be ordered by purchasing two large cutouts. We are only offering the lid for this tank in 3 section lids to reduce any potential of sagging.

Below is a link to the correct product page with the size and section quantity pre-selected. As with all new or custom lids, we ask that you submit your tank make and model along with INTERNAL dimensions in the order notes.
As soon as we have made enough lids to fulfill our quota of this being a vetted program file, we will make a product page for this lid. Same for all new RS tanks and Waterbox tanks that have come out recently.

Thank you for contacting Clearview Lids!

If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to our Operations Manager at [email protected]

Bacon505

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@ArtFully Acrylic, which model is the cheapest out of the 3? Classic,tsunami, or the EXO? Another question is, would these lid withstand from warping under T5 and metal halide lighting? that generate more heat than the common uses of LED?

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ArtFully Acrylic, which model is the cheapest out of the 3? Classic,tsunami, or the EXO? Another question is, would these lid withstand from warping under T5 and metal halide lighting? that generate more heat than the common uses of LED?
T lid frame will be fine.....our Lexan is rated for 10 years without yellowing/warping in direct outdoor use. Mileage will vary on the screen material however. Under Halides the prior couple cases I'd have reported to me were seeing 18-24 months on the screen before they felt it needed to be replaced (which our lids are of course designed to allow to be done quite 'easily'). This is also an average quoted with lights AT LEAST 10" above the water and in an "open air" environment

Josh Kraft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious if there is any warranty on the lid, or if the interlocks have changed since the tsunami was released. I purchased on release and majority of my interlock connections are failing.

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious if there is any warranty on the lid, or if the interlocks have changed since the tsunami was released. I purchased on release and majority of my interlock connections are failing.
My records indicate that you were supplied with updated pieces in October of 2018. If you are experiencing a new issue, please reach out to us at [email protected] as you have clearly found people here most happy to help you with any problems you incur. That said, in answer to your query, lid warranties are for one year, and your other, the Tsunami, like all great ideas, can be improved upon, and yes, we have done so several times over the past two years. This fact is also noted in our shared email threads. I look forward to helping you via email!

Jrod381

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently received my lids and COVID19 pushed the date out, but I received it I said wow definitely worth the wait. I could not be happier. Thank you

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the current wait time for a tsunami style lid for a Red Sea 350? So $140 is the total cost including shipping and tax? Additional fees for a light mounts cut outs? Any picture of a tsunami lid on a reefer 350 would be great.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the current wait time for a tsunami style lid for a Red Sea 350? So $140 is the total cost including shipping and tax? Additional fees for a light mounts cut outs? Any picture of a tsunami lid on a reefer 350 would be great.
My questions were without answers since May, imagine the wait time on a lid lol

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ArtFully Acrylic - have a SCA 90 gallon dedicated octopus tank so security is an unusually salient issue. How secure are your lids from probing and pressing octopus arms? Thanks.
All these kids just sit on the too of the tank. They aren’t secured down in any way so a cat or octopus or anything else can easily push them out of the way.
I imagine for an octopus you’d need to somehow secure it down like with tape or latches or something heavy.
My questions were without answers since May, imagine the wait time on a lid lol
Every company that makes these types of lids has a LONG wait..... that’s what happens when you have a corner in a niche market and tons of people wanting it.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All these kids just sit on the too of the tank. They aren’t secured down in any way so a cat or octopus or anything else can easily push them out of the way.
I imagine for an octopus you’d need to somehow secure it down like with tape or latches or something heavy.

Every company that makes these types of lids has a LONG wait..... that’s what happens when you have a corner in a niche market and tons of people wanting it.
That’s why I went with the Red Sea diy lid. Not the best but no wait and it was only around 40 bucks And it works. If they want to play hard to catch and take their sweet time, it’s their rights but also the consumers right to choose what they like.

Back