ClearView Tsunami - The modular bulletproof lid that grows with your tank.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Gudhjem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm close to ordering a classic lid for my Red Sea Reefer 425XL. All of the Reefer lids come standard with an overflow cutout. Can anyone tell me why so many people seem to want these cutouts? Apparently having the cutout is standard because that's how most customers want them. One of the earlier posters on this thread even got irate because his did not have an overflow cutout.

The overflow is not in the way, since it sits about a half inch below the top of the glass. I want a cleaner look without the cutout, so will have to order a custom lid. I'm just a little concerned I'm missing something obvious here. I don't think I've removed the overflow lid on my 225 gallon in over 3 years, and don't expect to be doing it very often on this tank. Why do people want that cutout?

Raptor72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm close to ordering a classic lid for my Red Sea Reefer 425XL. All of the Reefer lids come standard with an overflow cutout. Can anyone tell me why so many people seem to want these cutouts? Apparently having the cutout is standard because that's how most customers want them. One of the earlier posters on this thread even got irate because his did not have an overflow cutout.

The overflow is not in the way, since it sits about a half inch below the top of the glass. I want a cleaner look without the cutout, so will have to order a custom lid. I'm just a little concerned I'm missing something obvious here. I don't think I've removed the overflow lid on my 225 gallon in over 3 years, and don't expect to be doing it very often on this tank. Why do people want that cutout?

Mine came with the cutout and I actually like having it. Every now and then my overflow will start to gurgle or I want to check if any of my anemones are in the overflow and I can easily do it without removing the cover. I wish the one I ordered for my RS 750 came with it.

On another note for anyone with one of these, the BRS black screen looks great on these! Less reflection and gives it a much cleaner look. I definitely recommend it.

Attachments

• 8966354B-B9E9-477E-B5E5-09DC1F4C750A.jpeg
    8966354B-B9E9-477E-B5E5-09DC1F4C750A.jpeg
    238.9 KB · Views: 123

Raptor72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you using to mount your AFS? I am looking to do one of these covers, but I need to find a better solution for my feeder.
I epoxied an L bracket made from scrap acrylic onto a magnet from an old powerhead. I attached the feeder to this with hook and loop tape and it has been on there solidly ever since. It’s nice because it’s easily adjustable.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If you use the overflow cover, it will prevent algae from growing in there. Otherwise the light gets in and no CUC = nice algae forest.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back