Cling cuisine: Do you use sticky fish food in your tank?

• Yes, sticky fish food is a regular option for my fish.

Votes: 23 6.0%
  • Yes, I have used sticky fish food in the past.

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • I have tried sticky fish food with limited success.

Votes: 37 9.6%
  • No, but I am open to trying sticky fish food in the future.

Votes: 190 49.4%
  • No, I am not interested in sticky fish food.

Votes: 92 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 3.1%

• Total voters

Rjmul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pain in the

Last edited by a moderator:

Nutramar Foods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the nutramar gamma sticky pellets as a give away at Reefapalooza. I honestly thought the intent of the stickiness was to stick it to corals, not the glass ‍♂️. Thank you for this thread!
Thank you for coming by our booth at Reefapalooza! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OSFF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
masstick is awesome for enticing picky eaters like the orange spot filefish, moorish idol, copperband, etc. If you don't mix it perfectly, it doesn't stick very well though.

seamonster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fish food comes in many sizes, shapes, and textures. Within the mix of all of these different fish food options is fish food, such as Masstick and @Nutramar Foods' Marine Complete, that stick to the glass. Many fish enjoy this format, and, for some reef keepers, it has been an effective way of feeding finnicky fish such as Copper Band Butterflyfish while still being enjoyed by many other fish as well. Have you ever used sticky fish food in your tank? If so, please tell us about your experience with this type. If not, let us know if you are open to try out this food as an alternative to the current food that you serve your tank.

Pro Tip: If you find that you have some fish that are keeping other fish from getting to the press-on food, then try putting the press-on food in multiple locations.

SWA_NutrimarMarineComplete.jpeg

Photo of @Nutramar Foods[/USER] product.

This QOTD is sponsored by: www.worldwidecorals.com

“We differentiate ourselves from other vendors by offering our customers full transparency into our facility and practices. Setting the industry standard for shipping techniques, accurate high-quality photos, hard to find corals, and customer service. For some hobbyists buying live coral online can seem like a risky endeavor. At WWC our staff takes the worry out of the equation by culturing extremely healthy corals, giving you a hassle-free guarantee, and providing you with a full online customer service team to ensure you are completely satisfied with your purchase.” @WWC
I’m going to try mastics. I never heard of the other brand. I ordered the dry one from Amazon today, the smallest one of course for a trial run. I want to try it for my lyretail Anthias.. the food I currently have ( pellets and frozen) are gobbled up too fast by my powder blue and blue belly leopard wrasse. They are aggressive eaters. Plus the lyretails are picky.. they just go after the free floating stuff. The stick on food will give them a better chance to eat

OP
OP
Peace River

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m going to try mastics. I never heard of the other brand. I ordered the dry one from Amazon today, the smallest one of course for a trial run. I want to try it for my lyretail Anthias.. the food I currently have ( pellets and frozen) are gobbled up too fast by my powder blue and blue belly leopard wrasse. They are aggressive eaters. Plus the lyretails are picky.. they just go after the free floating stuff. The stick on food will give them a better chance to eat
Hopefully the press-on food will be a positive option for you. I have found that the premade food is a bit more expensive but works better for me than the powdered food. Additionally, my understanding is that Nutramar Foods has been around since 2008 and I know that they are part of the Quality Marine family. I am told that Nutramar is used by many public aquariums and fish breeders around the world. The Nutramar press-on food is a new item in their wide assortment of foods, but my experience has been positive based on the sample that I received at RAP Orlando.

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you both. I don’t have one yet but I’ll go the baby brine shrimp route when I get one.

Koty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using Masstick for a long time. My 1st CBB liked it—my current CBB does not, but probably because I mix it with some spirulina (I also add 1/7th Selcon). Making it is a bit of a hassle, but IMHO, it is probably one of the best food that provides many of the vitamins and unique fatty acids essential for keeping our fish happy. It's freeze-dried plankton. My anthias love it, and so do all my wrasses and Bengay cardinals. Anampses (YTTW) gets most of it now, as he has a strong bite. Scopas does not touch it. I consider Masstick and fresh mussels the critical superfood for all marine fish.

330Bob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fish food comes in many sizes, shapes, and textures. Within the mix of all of these different fish food options is fish food, such as Masstick and @Nutramar Foods' Marine Complete, that stick to the glass. Many fish enjoy this format, and, for some reef keepers, it has been an effective way of feeding finnicky fish such as Copper Band Butterflyfish while still being enjoyed by many other fish as well. Have you ever used sticky fish food in your tank? If so, please tell us about your experience with this type. If not, let us know if you are open to try out this food as an alternative to the current food that you serve your tank.

Pro Tip: If you find that you have some fish that are keeping other fish from getting to the press-on food, then try putting the press-on food in multiple locations.

SWA_NutrimarMarineComplete.jpeg

Photo of @Nutramar Foods[/USER] product.

This QOTD is sponsored by: www.worldwidecorals.com

“We differentiate ourselves from other vendors by offering our customers full transparency into our facility and practices. Setting the industry standard for shipping techniques, accurate high-quality photos, hard to find corals, and customer service. For some hobbyists buying live coral online can seem like a risky endeavor. At WWC our staff takes the worry out of the equation by culturing extremely healthy corals, giving you a hassle-free guarantee, and providing you with a full online customer service team to ensure you are completely satisfied with your purchase.” @WWC
I saw that Nutramar video of fish eating a stick on pellet. Yes I want to try that.

I use clips for shrimp and algae sheets. The clips break easy and sink to the bottom of my 42 inch deep tank, have to use aluminum/plastic grabber to get them.

The mysis shrimp gets blown all over the tank and I bet 20-30 percent just ends up rotting in nooks and crannies.

Algae sheets get torn apart too quickly.

The jumbo shrimp on a clip last the longest.

Stick on food looks to be ever better in terms of how long it lasts before it falls off giving the little fish a chance to nibble vs chasing it.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back