Cloudy eyes fish in marine tank

Darthroman90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all , I'm facing a problem i really can't yet discover the main reason for it every fish i place in my reef tank after a week the eyes start to get cloudy and small white dry skin over and around the head , its not ich and i tested all the water parameters are good i do 20% monthly water changes , and if there's a disease do i have to change all fhe water? I wish i can have fish again in my tank , all my Corals are doing great but no fish :(

20221208_222306.jpg 20221208_222302.jpg 20221208_222241.jpg

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A bit hard to see in the blurry picture that’s a little washed out. That aside, from what you’ve said and the fact that it is impacting eyes and I’m seeing white marks on the nose and face (I think) I might venture a guess in the hookworm or fluke?

Need some clearer photos though to be more sure. Hard to see.

You could try a round of Prazi Pro in your reef and follow the instructions very carefully. It shouldn’t kill any corals as many have had safe experiences treating in their reef tank (myself included). Otherwise maybe API General Cure could treat it in a QT and that’s a bit more broad spectrum.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try to get clearer pics - have the fish been acting off in any way? My thought is that this could be brooklynella. In this case, all fish will need to be moved to qt and treated with formalin while the tank remains fallow.

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Certainly could be Brook too. Hard to tell from pics. Does the fish have any slimy white coating at all? That’s usually a tell tale sign for Brook.

OP
OP
D

Darthroman90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How can i treat the tank itself after relocate the fish to a Qt tank , i am afraid to use Poly lab or dose any meds in my reef tank

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How can i treat the tank itself after relocate the fish to a Qt tank , i am afraid to use Poly lab or dose any meds in my reef tank
The best way, if Brook, is to leave the tank empty for 6 weeks while you treat your fish in QT. If it’s flukes or worms, I’m not knowledgeable enough to know if they will go away without a host, or if you still need to treat the display tank with Prazi. Maybe somebody else can chime in regarding flukes and other external parasites and if going fallow gets them out of the tank.

BetterJake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So every fish after a week, gets the same symptoms. And you just keep adding new fish?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can't tell from the pictures - however - It would be interesting to know your actual parameters. your water itself looks cloudy to me - i.e. nearly a bacterial bloom - and I would wonder about a bacterial issue in your water that is possibly causing an eye infection. (I think this is extremely unlikely - because it usually doesn't happen that way)

As @Sharkbait19 said - with clowns, Brook maybe more likely that with other fish. Did you add only clowns or another kind of fish also.

Flukes are also a possibility - and Prazipro will take care of those - and - with good oxygenation - you can do it in your tank.

Did you QT/treat these fish before adding? Did you by any chance source the fish from the same place/tank - how long does it take for symptoms to start.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on needing better pictures. Also need a list of fish in the tank and a list of fish that have died.

Jay

Jaisonreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hola a todos, me enfrento a un problema. Realmente aún no puedo descubrir la razón principal de cada pez que coloco en mi tanque de arrecife después de una semana, los ojos comienzan a nublarse y una pequeña piel blanca y seca sobre y alrededor de la cabeza, es no ich y probé todos los parámetros del agua son buenos hago cambios de agua mensuales del 20%, y si hay una enfermedad ¿tengo que cambiar toda el agua fhe? Desearía poder tener peces nuevamente en mi tanque, todos mis corales están muy bien, pero no hay peces.:(

20221208_222306.jpg 20221208_222302.jpg 20221208_222241.jpg
Hola, lo que tú tienes es un problema de hongos, está es una bacteria muy agresiva.Las principales causas son poca oxigenación, lo que causa la proliferación de esta bacteria. Asimismo, otro punto por la cual se proliferan estos bichos es por altos nitratos. La solución, coloca varias piedras arreadoras en tu tanque, activa el Uv, ten un flujo alto de agua y realiza cambios semanales de agua. Éxitos!

Translation:
Hello, what you have is a fungal problem, this is a very aggressive bacterium. The main causes are low oxygenation, which causes the proliferation of this bacterium. Likewise, another point through which these bugs proliferate is due to high nitrates. The solution, place several herding stones in your tank, activate the UV, have a high water flow and do weekly water changes. successes!

Last edited by a moderator:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 88 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back