Clove Ployp Like Pest ID Help

Masher76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I have been battling this pest that has been causing quite the problem in my little Fluval Evo 13.5 Nano Reef that is set up in my office at work. I have learned that they are light sensitive, as in they do not extend or produce slime when the lights are out, but when the lights are on they will secrete a long slimy substance that looks like pieces of hair algae. Also, when touched or disturbed they will retract/close up. Today, I got the idea of setting all the lights to white and trying to get some decent pics and the results are below. What is interesting is that they look very similar to a clove polyp of some type. I have included 2 pics of the same area, one under normal light, and one under just the white lights. There is also a link to a video of them and their reaction to being disturbed. I cant seem to get a good ID on these things which is of course necessary to start the eradication process. If you have any idea what this is, or how to go about getting rid of it, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you all.

Pest ID Video

IMG_0285.jpg
IMG_0286.jpg

OP
OP
Masher76

Masher76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added another video to help aid in identification.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 74 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.2%
Back