Clown beat up or eye issues?

hydroskillet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up two baby storm clowns, and the black storm now has an eye issue. Both of them really got picked on very hard by a devil Chromis which after taking my entire reef apart to get after 3 days finally is gone. My Blue Tang is also being a jerk, but not anything in comparison so he may go (we'll see),.

Here's a pic of the clowns and the best I could get of the Black Storm's eye. It looks a bit cloudy / swollen and for a min I couldn't tell if it was missing entirely. Anyone know if this is a disease or if this is due to injury?

1615588536044.png

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If only one eye is affected, it is probably an injury. Those will often heal on their own. If you don't have a treatment tank, there isn't any medication you could use anyway. That said, with no quarantine, there is always the chance of some disease starting up with them due to them being new, and having been attacked by the damsel (stressed out).

Jay

OP
OP
hydroskillet

hydroskillet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Hopefully it clears up. I can make a QT if I need, but hopefully the fish will clear up :)... Definitely just the one eye.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back