Clown breathing heavy

johnsamm7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clown is breathing heavy hanging around the bottom of the tank comes up to eat and occasionally swims around the tank idk if he just likes the over hang of the rock which is close to the floor but he hangs there majority of the day anyone have any ideas
68aa0eb95865022556cfd22c392d987e.heic

66e4152b74f40caa29e2c0f212ce8bfd.heic

ChrisOFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns will pick one spot and pretty much hang out there all day and night. If the clown is breathing heavy this is either ammonia or lack of oxygen in most circumstances. Ammonia will cause red/inflamed gills and is easily tested for. If it was oxygen he would be coming up to the surface and gulping for air which you don't seem to be observing. If he is eating well and not having issues swimming I would just test for ammonia to rule out that as an issue.

OP
OP
johnsamm7

johnsamm7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ammonia is zero just tested he hasn’t gone up to the surface when I first got him he wouldn’t eat pellets just some frozen treated him with metroplex and prazipro still is a picky eater he eats pods in the main tank now and pellets still is picky with the frozen foods though I will try adding a power head but I do have two spin streams in there as of right now

OP
OP
johnsamm7

johnsamm7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a power head and still shirt quick breathes really isn’t eating the most either idk

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 97 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back