Clown Fish Bullied to Almost Death

Freddie Lake

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 2 juvenile black storms about a month and a half ago. They are together in my office tank. The other day I started noticing the female bolting after the male every chance she got. Today I separated them and put the female in a breeder box. The male is still lying on the sand breathing very heavily. I turned the lights off but worried he wont make it. Anyone think adding stress coat may work? I dont want to loose this little guy?

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any PraziPro? I had similar with two gold nuggets and added PraziPro to help male get back to normal it took about 2 weeks (his fins were torn up) Now they get along very well hosting my overflow

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 2 juvenile black storms about a month and a half ago. They are together in my office tank. The other day I started noticing the female bolting after the male every chance she got. Today I separated them and put the female in a breeder box. The male is still lying on the sand breathing very heavily. I turned the lights off but worried he wont make it. Anyone think adding stress coat may work? I dont want to loose this little guy?

It’s normal for a female to assert her dominance over the male in the beginning and it can get a little rough. Is the female actually making contact with the male or just chasing and doing the sideways dance? Does the male appear to be beat up? Lastly have you added anything to your DT recently?

OP
OP
Freddie Lake

Freddie Lake

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She does make contact with the male I have them separated and an air bubbler in the tank he is definitely beat up

OP
OP
Freddie Lake

Freddie Lake

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s normal for a female to assert her dominance over the male in the beginning and it can get a little rough. Is the female actually making contact with the male or just chasing and doing the sideways dance? Does the male appear to be beat up? Lastly have you added anything to your DT recently?
She is definitely making contact I have an air bubbler in the tank lights off I have added nothing chemical wise in there lately he is in bad shape

9B1A25BE-0487-48FE-84F9-EA7772110047.jpeg

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She is definitely making contact I have an air bubbler in the tank lights off I have added nothing chemical wise in there lately he is in bad shape

9B1A25BE-0487-48FE-84F9-EA7772110047.jpeg

I meant have you added any livestock without QT? Trying to rule out the possibility of illness.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would place the male in the breeder and give the female the run of the tank. You want to contain the injured guy so he is easy to get to for any treatment you may want to try.

His injuries aren't very clear in the pics (this isn't to say he isn't hurt). I think time alone to heal in the breeder box will do the job, depending on the severity of the injuries.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back