Clown Fish dying off.. can't figure out why.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
L

legomaheggos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really wish there was an appropriate way to thank you both for your time and responses this morning. It has helped tremendously. I just wish my RO/DI unit and Refractometer was here so I could do this today. I have my tote ready with a sponge filter and power head and I have the salt on standby. Just no way to make sure my salinity matches with my DT right this minute. They are still eating very well.. I feed them meats or flakes once a day and always have two sheets of seaweed ready during the day to munch on and they have been snacking on it all day. Both sheets almost gone. I don't think they're in immediate danger. I also got some PVC pipes for them to hide in after the transfer.

OP
OP
L

legomaheggos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, being you have 3 tangs the odds one of them has crypto is likely. After using Prazipro or General Cure, treat with Cupramine for 1 month. This explains in more detail: https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/fish-disease-treatment-diagnosis/193343-copper-treatment.html

Just thought I'd mention this.. called the only guy that I know that still does it and used to be the lfs.. says he thinks I'm gonna kill everything by transferring and I'd be better off leaving in DT with uv light running.

I have my hospital set up, taking for salinity test tomorrow. Sponge soaking in sump For the night.

Assuming it is truly the best option eight now to move and treat and not leave them and hope light fixes it

yazeed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use genger,just add it to your tank when you turnd off the lights

Linderman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these aquacultured clowns? The last few pairs of aquacultured clowns I got in came in (in bag, so not the pet store's system) with a bacterial infection in their gills. Same symptoms, seemed fine just gradually stopped being active, would lay in a corner with heavy breathing. Luckily I didn't loose any of them, but I did two rounds of antibiotics (erythromycin). You have to have them in a quarantine tank to treat, but after three pairs came in that way and it cleared it up no problem, I'm positive that's what mine had.

OP
OP
L

legomaheggos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

yauwsh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I had a similar problem and found a product at my local store call kick-ich (by Ruby reef) which worked just as the product label claimed it would. No one was more surprised than me. It claims not to not harm invert. or corals. I would highly recommend check it out it can save you a lot of headaches.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I had a similar problem and found a product at my local store call kick-ich (by Ruby reef) which worked just as the product label claimed it would. No one was more surprised than me. It claims not to not harm invert. or corals. I would highly recommend check it out it can save you a lot of headaches.

What specific disease did you use Kick-Ich to treat?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was treating for ick. Within 3 days there was very noticeable improvement.

Ich trophonts typically start falling off the fish after 3 days anyway, so you would notice improvement whether any medication was in the water or not. I would take products like "Kick-Ich" more seriously if they were more forthcoming about the ingredients contained therein. I don't believe in "magic medicines" with mystery ingredients.

Deinonych

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ich trophonts typically start falling off the fish after 3 days anyway, so you would notice improvement whether any medication was in the water or not. I would take products like "Kick-Ich" more seriously if they were more forthcoming about the ingredients contained therein. I don't believe in "magic medicines" with mystery ingredients.

This.

I stopped by Ruby Reef's booth at MACNA last year and grilled them on the ingredients, and whether they had peer-reviewed studies that demonstrated the product's effectiveness. Was quite amusing watching them tap dance around the answers. :D

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.7%
Back