Clown fish - white mouth

SaltyBish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, first time posting here. I searched and didn't find exactly what was afflicting my clown. I've had this 10g tank about 3-4 weeks and have had great success thus far, but 1/2 of my clowns began to get very aggressive, so the clown that was being bullied began hiding in little cracks of rock to get away from the suddenly aggressive partner. I placed the bullied clown in a net enclosure that hangs on the tank. Anyhow, it started to get white lips and appears to be stuck open. I don't know what could be the problem but i dont want it to suffer any longer. I attached a pic. Any thoughts? I have two clown, cleaner shrimp, mex turbo snail, 2 corals, and an anemone. All healthy minus this clown. I wonder if this is damage from being picked on.

Also, the aggressive clown hosts the anemone alone then started picking on the other one. All inhabitants seem to be healthy and thriving.

IMG_2457.jpeg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef ,video is not working,are lips/jaw still intact??

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
can he eat,is jaw locked?or is it moving slightly?lip locking is big part of clown fighting

OP
OP
S

SaltyBish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can he eat,is jaw locked?or is it moving slightly?lip locking is big part of clown fighting

I just fed and it attempted to eat but his lips wont close haha I hope it heals up and i'll attempt to reintroduce it back to the community. They got along so well and i think perhaps the anemone had something to do with the aggression since the other clown hosted

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
try to post vid through u tube..i do not know how..but lets get some expert eyes on this #reefsquad ,thanks all

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you get to a qt just to give it a reast and some antibiotics to help iwth infection? If it is eating, that is good. I would say it is from aggression and you may have to be only one clown in the 10g. That is a small space for the fighting.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yes can see pic,not video

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it was my fish, I'd consider giving it a 30 minute bath in methylene blue and then treat it with antibiotics for potential infection. Best antibiotics for head infections is a combo of Sulfaplex + Neoplex dosed in a QT for 10-14 days.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 35.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back