Clown fish

MANGOxLIPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help my clown fish is laying on its side on the bottom of the tank or he keeps swimming down in one spot with its head on the ground. Its like hes swimming down in one spot with his head on the ground. Or has a slight slant and swimming on the bottom on and off

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi ,sorry to hear,going to need more info,parameters, pics, a 3-5 min temperate freshwater dip,may relieve a bit until we can get some expert help,i am going blind here, if too bad may also kill fish..

OP
OP
MANGOxLIPS

MANGOxLIPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its happening so fast hes gone nearly full white in only 2 hours time i dont have a test kit on me atmbut my water gets tested tomorrow but it sounds like velvet mabey? This sucks...

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like brooklynella, and if that’s the case, there’s not much you can do when it’s in this state. Pics might help us identify. Are you keeping it with any other fish at the moment?

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how old is your tank, when and how did you add him to the tank, and what other fish you have in your tank?

OP
OP
MANGOxLIPS

MANGOxLIPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its to late hes passed my fish have never died like this its so sad.

But its a nano tank with 2 clown fish well now one salt is good i just cant believe how this happen he literally started swimming on the ground and by the end of the day he turned white in 2 hours and died. Ill get a pic later when he was alive i have a video to.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its to late hes passed my fish have never died like this its so sad.

But its a nano tank with 2 clown fish well now one salt is good i just cant believe how this happen he literally started swimming on the ground and by the end of the day he turned white in 2 hours and died. Ill get a pic later when he was alive i have a video to.
So sorry to hear. I think you just confirmed it’s brooklynella based on the timetable there. You need to treat the other one fast or it will meet the same fate.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not easy to treat. You need to immediatey freshwater dip the fish for 5 minutes to relieve them of parasites on the surface of their skin. Then put them in quarantine. Copper doesn’t really work on Brook the way it does for ich or velvet, though running it at therapeutic level may eliminate some free swimming parasites. Then, you must do routine dips in formalin and/or acriflavine (formalin being the more effective of the two) and continue FW dips. This must be done in the least stressful way possible, as stress induces parasite growth.

Here is a helpful article by @Humblefish that discusses all things Brooklynella:

Last edited:
OP
OP
MANGOxLIPS

MANGOxLIPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is him turning white in the matter of 2 hours

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210421-171141_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20210421-171141_One UI Home.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 20

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back