clown fish

nathancaspi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have had this fish for 4 months he doesn’t act sick it eat and has grown but i can’t get this stuff to go away he the only fish with it i’ve done a fresh water dip and idk what it is to even start a treatment

7404AB8C-BE25-4B4A-9B1E-E8A2FDD1B69E.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have had this fish for 4 months he doesn’t act sick it eat and has grown but i can’t get this stuff to go away he the only fish with it i’ve done a fresh water dip and idk what it is to even start a treatment

7404AB8C-BE25-4B4A-9B1E-E8A2FDD1B69E.jpeg

You're talking about the lesion on the white bar behind the eye? Is it just on this one side? How long has it had it?

Jay

OP
OP
N

nathancaspi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're talking about the lesion on the white bar behind the eye? Is it just on this one side? How long has it had it?

Jay
since i got him the do seam to move like it was on his other side then it seam to get better then it move that side been worst it’s been

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
since i got him the do seam to move like it was on his other side then it seam to get better then it move that side been worst it’s been
Really tough to say what that could be - I doubt it is a parasite, the symptoms aren't right. Most likely, it would be bacterial. However, to have this for four months and the fish is eating well and growing, that is pretty chronic. Trouble is, moving it to a treatment tank and dosing with antibiotics is not risk-free, so you need to weigh the benefits versus the risks.

Jay

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back