CLOWN HOSTING MY TRACHYPHYLLIA

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so I've noticed that my 2 clowns have started to host one of my trachyphyllias. Is there anything I can do to make them stop? I don't have any anenomes in the tank because I have way too many corals already and I don't want anything getting stung. As of now I don't see any problems with the trachy but I know clownfish aren't supposed to host corals and could potentially overhost it. Please let me know what you guys think I should do.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
These fish will go for a stick of dynamite if you offer it to them. Pretty but quite dumb fish. . LOL

To clarify. . Trachy, anemones, hammer etc are the hosts - - Clowns are the guests. In this case trachy is hosting the clowns

OP
OP
PeterB113

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These fish will go for a stick of dynamite if you offer it to them. Pretty but quite dumb fish. . LOL

To clarify. . Trachy, anemones, hammer etc are the hosts - - Clowns are the guests. In this case trachy is hosting the clowns
Is there anything I can do to stop them lol?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Is there anything I can do to stop them lol?
Introduce an anemone , position a mirror against tank to divert their attention, place clowns in acclimation box for a week or two

ReeferHendrix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so I've noticed that my 2 clowns have started to host one of my trachyphyllias. Is there anything I can do to make them stop? I don't have any anenomes in the tank because I have way too many corals already and I don't want anything getting stung. As of now I don't see any problems with the trachy but I know clownfish aren't supposed to host corals and could potentially overhost it. Please let me know what you guys think I should do.
My maroon clown found his spot by my favorite trachy, I was nervous about it at first buts it’s been months and I havnt seen a negative effect. Kinda funny though cause there’s an anemone on the rock super close
59A66C3E-F618-4119-B3A3-6E6D3A229E46.jpeg

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are not wanting an anenome because of its tendency to move you can try some other corals. Mine seem to go straight for goniopora. It is never a sure thing, but short of removing the trachy the only way yo get them to stop is to give them alternatives to choose as their host and hope they move.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are not wanting an anenome because of its tendency to move you can try some other corals. Mine seem to go straight for goniopora. It is never a sure thing, but short of removing the trachy the only way yo get them to stop is to give them alternatives to choose as their host and hope they move.
ARGH - I so want my dumb clown out of my gonipora and frogspawn... they don't like having clown come rub on them... Sometime soon I'm likely going to use my fish trap to catch clown and then find it a new owner and new home. My baby blue tang still friends with only that dumb clown, but once that tang either figures out it is not a clown (and moves on) or makes any new friend in tank (and moves on) - clown is gone

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ARGH - I so want my dumb clown out of my gonipora and frogspawn... they don't like having clown come rub on them... Sometime soon I'm likely going to use my fish trap to catch clown and then find it a new owner and new home. My baby blue tang still friends with only that dumb clown, but once that tang either figures out it is not a clown (and moves on) or makes any new friend in tank (and moves on) - clown is gone
Haha poor clown!!

My gonis dont seem to mind at all.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 8.3%
Back