Clown needs some help

Erino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this mocha in my display for going on 2 months, started to notice a white (growth, lesion,) not sure what to call it near his eye. He’s been eating fine and has displayed no other concerning behaviors. What do you think it is? Is it time to get him in the QT?

0FA6A2D1-51E9-4D8C-9CCC-4D7FCAC8C241.jpeg

B4ECAF01-9DCC-45E0-A494-C07CEFCE410B.jpeg

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like an injury, but the photos aren’t very clear. Does it look like a chunk missing, a white cottony growth, or something else?

If an injury, nothing needs to be done if it isn’t acting much different and it’s not infected (reddish). Soaking foods in seldom, Zoe, and/or vita chem and keeping the water pristine can facilitate growth.

Though it would be a very odd and severe presentation of, does it look like HLLE?

OP
OP
Erino

Erino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like an injury, but the photos aren’t very clear. Does it look like a chunk missing, a white cottony growth, or something else?

If an injury, nothing needs to be done if it isn’t acting much different and it’s not infected (reddish). Soaking foods in seldom, Zoe, and/or vita chem and keeping the water pristine can facilitate growth.

Though it would be a very odd and severe presentation of, does it look like HLLE?
I does look a bit cotton like, I was worried about early signs of HLLE, but the spot hasn’t been growing.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I does look a bit cotton like, I was worried about early signs of HLLE, but the spot hasn’t been growing.
Could very well be lympho -- in which case, good quality, varied diet and good water quality are all that's needed 99% of the time :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back