Clown not eating

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thank you! Will that work as a preventative for the other fish as well? All others are eating and seem healthy but I’d like to head this off before it spreads to them if it hasn’t already.
If they have any flukes or internal issues- yes

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be as simple as he doesn’t like the food, Mine doesn’t like mysis, I would try other frozen food, such as brine shrimp, or buy scallops, freeze then grate, same for clams, another thread on here the other day and clams worked for his clown.

OP
OP
Brian86

Brian86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be as simple as he doesn’t like the food, Mine doesn’t like mysis, I would try other frozen food, such as brine shrimp, or buy scallops, freeze then grate, same for clams, another thread on here the other day and clams worked for his clown.
He was eating pretty much everything for weeks. I’ll give it a try. Thanks!

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He was eating pretty much everything for weeks. I’ll give it a try. Thanks!

hard to tell from the pic but he does look skinny, more than just not eating for a couple of days.
How often do you feed? If not very often and he doesn’t like what’s on offer then there is your issue.
ive rad a few threads where mysis is not that popular. Good luck!

OP
OP
Brian86

Brian86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the help everyone! I did end up seeing white stringy poop from the original clownfish in question. I later saw it from the second. I treated with PraziPro and all seems to be well now. Both are active and eating again!

Back