Clown tanf

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It’s now towards the bottom of the tank. There is another tang in the rock and the rabbit fish and fox face also like to hand out there. I’m thinking there’s not much space for the guy, so maybe get him a place of his own.
Yes, build more hiding but still isolate to allow healing

OP
OP
newreef1

newreef1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, build more hiding but still isolate to allow healing
Yes planning on keeping him in there until it heals. I picked up some small fish today, would it be ok to quarantine in the same 10 gallon tank? One clown, damsel, two chromis?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yes planning on keeping him in there until it heals. I picked up some small fish today, would it be ok to quarantine in the same 10 gallon tank? One clown, damsel, two chromis?
Placing them in with stressed fish may pose risk

OP
OP
newreef1

newreef1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys, my clown tang was eating this morning and I noticed now in the evening it has scrapes on its fins and was looking weak. I transferred to a Qt but it seems to be swimming towards the top, not sure why, it was at the bottom in the DT. My DT is currently in hyposalinty as it has ICH, this tang had some white spots but not a lot, in place it has some scars now. I have Seachem stress guard coming in tomorrow along with Selcom and garlic extract. I’m hoping those can help. If @vetteguy53081 or anyone else has any input I’d really appreciate it. I saw a post of Vetteguy regarding the seldom and Garlic and ordered as was his suggestion. Anything else I can do to help. I have kanaplex and Cupramine on hand.
Guys,
I got new PE mysis shrimp flakes which was highly recommended. I mixed a few different kinds of pellets and the flake with selcon and the tang is still not eating. Any ideas!

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys,
I got new PE mysis shrimp flakes which was highly recommended. I mixed a few different kinds of pellets and the flake with selcon and the tang is still not eating. Any ideas!
If the primary issue is tankmate aggression, and you have isolated the fish, there isn't really anything else you can do other than let time takes its course.

Jay

OP
OP
newreef1

newreef1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the primary issue is tankmate aggression, and you have isolated the fish, there isn't really anything else you can do other than let time takes its course.

Jay
Should I dip in prazi pro. I got some new fish including a clown. Can I just freshwater dip and add to the hypo tank for Ich as that is already treating the DT I don’t want the clown to have brooknella or something’s after. Maybe treat with general cure for the 2-3 days then dip in prazi before adding to DT?

OP
OP
newreef1

newreef1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I dip in prazi pro. I got some new fish including a clown. Can I just freshwater dip and add to the hypo tank for Ich as that is already treating the DT I don’t want the clown to have brooknella or something’s after. Maybe treat with general cure for the 2-3 days then dip in prazi before adding to DT?
The clown is still not eating. I tried selcon and brightwell aquatics garlic extract

Gatorpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like it’s very stressed not sure a dip will do anything more but stress it out.

I know you want to do everything you can but sometimes just letting it be is the best, sometimes there isn’t a thing to do to save them.

OP
OP
newreef1

newreef1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like it’s very stressed not sure a dip will do anything more but stress it out.

I know you want to do everything you can but sometimes just letting it be is the best, sometimes there isn’t a thing to do to save them.
Thanks man, that’s reassuring. I always feel like when a fish gets sick or dies it my fault. Like I should’ve done something more. I’ve gotten more food, different additives, medicine and still. I’ll give it a couple more days hopefully he’ll start eating soon. Can I quarantine the other small fish with just an air stone? So I can give the clown his own separate QT? I only two extra tanks but have one extra fluval container filter.

Gatorpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man, that’s reassuring. I always feel like when a fish gets sick or dies it my fault. Like I should’ve done something more. I’ve gotten more food, different additives, medicine and still. I’ll give it a couple more days hopefully he’ll start eating soon. Can I quarantine the other small fish with just an air stone? So I can give the clown his own separate QT? I only two extra tanks but have one extra fluval container filter.
Maybe just put up black divider so he can’t see the oft her QT fish?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Did you determine, is this from tankmate agression? If so, other than antibiotics for secondary bacterial infection, there isn't any treatment for that.

Jay

OP
OP
newreef1

newreef1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys, my clown tang was eating this morning and I noticed now in the evening it has scrapes on its fins and was looking weak. I transferred to a Qt but it seems to be swimming towards the top, not sure why, it was at the bottom in the DT. My DT is currently in hyposalinty as it has ICH, this tang had some white spots but not a lot, in place it has some scars now. I have Seachem stress guard coming in tomorrow along with Selcom and garlic extract. I’m hoping those can help. If @vetteguy53081 or anyone else has any input I’d really appreciate it. I saw a post of Vetteguy regarding the seldom and Garlic and ordered as was his suggestion. Anything else I can do to help. I have kanaplex and Cupramine on hand.
Guys! The clown is eating again!!! I saw him swimming fast and normal this morning and when I put food in he quickly swam and ate it. I did add frozen food today but don’t think that was the only reason he ate, he was swimming with more energy today too! Just wanted to update the fam here!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back