Clown trigger, Volitan, Harlequin Tusk, Red Sea Regal, Blue Ribbon Eel tank

MAN-O-WAR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone let me know what your true and honest opinions are in regards to having this group of fish together in a 65gal together with 65lbs of live rock! Do you think I could have some Softies with the Angel? Let me know! All you reefers, beginners to experts!

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a serious question lol? If you are referring to the fish in the title, I don't think any of them should be in a 65 individually let alone together? Maybe I am misunderstanding the question.

Duke4Life

Just a crazy eel guy, LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your going to need min. 125 and that's dropping the trigger. That trigger will have fun in a not good way with the eel and probably lion fish. The Blue Ribbon isn't a good fit unless you get a bigger tank, say "NO" to the trigger, and understand them, not a beginner eel. Not many eels are suitable for a 65, the golden dwarf moray eel comes to mind.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ribbon eel doesn't fit the temperament of that group regardless of tank size, are difficult fish and require specific care.

The rest of the fish need a much, much larger tank.

OP
OP
MAN-O-WAR

MAN-O-WAR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a serious question lol? If you are referring to the fish in the title, I don't think any of them should be in a 65 individually let alone together? Maybe I am misunderstanding the question.
Thank you so much for the advice waters! I am really knew at this!

OP
OP
MAN-O-WAR

MAN-O-WAR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your going to need min. 125 and that's dropping the trigger. That trigger will have fun in a not good way with the eel and probably lion fish. The Blue Ribbon isn't a good fit unless you get a bigger tank, say "NO" to the trigger, and understand them, not a beginner eel. Not many eels are suitable for a 65, the golden dwarf moray eel comes to mind.
Thank you duke! I will be taking your advice to heart!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back