Clownfish appetite change when mating? Clownies not eating...

OdetteDelacroix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,
I have a coupled pair of clownfish which have been together for a number of years. This is my first attempt at getting them to go completely through the breeding process as they were in a reef tank before and even if they had eggs they never made it. I noticed lately they had been extra affectionate and courting each other. I let this build up and have since moved them to a separate breeding tank. Since the move they have been inseparable, sleeping right next to each other and cleaning surfaces in the tank. My main concern though, since they moved, is that they're not eating much of anything. Prior to this they had insatiable appetites, I've read that you can't feed them enough when you're trying to breed...so I'm a bit concerned. I have the water temp raised and I really want them to lay eggs and have some fry. Is there anything I'm missing? I've even been bringing their favorite blackworms and they show little to no interest. Any help or breeding tips would be much appreciated.
<3 Odette.

victorio1994

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I have almost the same problem: my clownfish pairs eat less than 2 newely acquired clownfish, which are half in size.

Gunnyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long since you moved them over to the breeding tank?

What is the temp at and what was it at in the old tank and how fast did you change it?

what’s your light cycle?

and did you change there diet from the old tank?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back