Clownfish breeding update

steve_london_uk

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi. Sorry to jump onto this thread but wondered if you could give me some advice.

I have a 100g mixed reef with two breeding maroons who always lay on a flowerpot that I put in with a rose tip anemone inside. The night or night before hatching I move it (keeping it underwater) into what is probably a 10l plastic fish tank that I leave floating in the main tank to maintain the same temperature. The following morning the majority of the eggs have turned white ands died. I can't understand why. I usually fill this plastic tank up with tank water two days before and leave with an air stone to settle. Literally overnight the majority die.

I usually have around 20-30 survivors which I feed rotifers and I start doing 50 water changes after 3 days by dripping the new water as to not shock them. They all die within about 5 days.

Any help or advice or pointers of where I am going wrong would be helpful.

Thanks, Steve

steve_london_uk

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi. Sorry to jump onto this thread but wondered if you could give me some advice.

I have a 100g mixed reef with two breeding maroons who always lay on a flowerpot that I put in with a rose tip anemone inside. The night or night before hatching I move it (keeping it underwater) into what is probably a 10l plastic fish tank that I leave floating in the main tank to maintain the same temperature. The following morning the majority of the eggs have turned white ands died. I can't understand why. I usually fill this plastic tank up with tank water two days before and leave with an air stone to settle. Literally overnight the majority die.

I usually have around 20-30 survivors which I feed rotifers and I start doing 50 water changes after 3 days by dripping the new water as to not shock them. They all die within about 5 days.

Any help or advice or pointers of where I am going wrong would be helpful.

Thanks, Steve

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Your Reef
Aqua SD