Clownfish cuts near fins

dan88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

Around 3 days ago our clownfish started nestling into our torch coral. Both fish were fine before they started, but later that day the male had cuts on both sides right near his fins - I assume from hitting against the torch skeleton. One side is an open wound, the other looks to have something fluffy and white coming out of it. They seem to be getting worse and he is no longer eating anything. I'm just wondering if this may resolve itself or if we should do anything to treat the wounds.

20210721_171316.jpg

savethe0cean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

Around 3 days ago our clownfish started nestling into our torch coral. Both fish were fine before they started, but later that day the male had cuts on both sides right near his fins - I assume from hitting against the torch skeleton. One side is an open wound, the other looks to have something fluffy and white coming out of it. They seem to be getting worse and he is no longer eating anything. I'm just wondering if this may resolve itself or if we should do anything to treat the wounds.

20210721_171316.jpg
Seeming as where its located my guess is it was most likely caused by the other clownfish. Not trying to accuse your clown of anything or file a fish restraining order but also, usually when clowns occupy an area/anenome or anything they typically fight over it. I have 2 black occelaris that constantly fight over my long tentacle anenome and one currently has a third of his back fin missing. Oh and mine fight at night the most. They seem to be more agitated under darkness. Best bet is a quarantine n hope for the best. Im sure theres products for open fish wounds. Cross my fingers for ya

ChaosAquaculture

Specializing in the Ridiculous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When a wound turns fuzzy that it the sign of a fungal infection. I’d suspect the other clown and or other fish in the tank over the torch. Do you have a QT? - kali

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back