Clownfish dead overnight

AnotherNewReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I lost one of my clownfish overnight without it having any signs of disease. Yesterday all fish were eating and swimming fine. Clownfish have been in aquarium for 5 months. Only other fish is a lawnmower blenny that's been there for the past 4 months.

Attached a couple of pictures of the dead clownfish. Can anyone spot anything odd? Does the tail look like another fish attacked it?

Checked parameters this morning,

Salinity - 1.025
Temp - 79F
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 0 (Currently battling some GHA so probably stored in algae)

Thanks!

c1.jpg c2.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I lost one of my clownfish overnight without it having any signs of disease. Yesterday all fish were eating and swimming fine. Clownfish have been in aquarium for 5 months. Only other fish is a lawnmower blenny that's been there for the past 4 months.

Attached a couple of pictures of the dead clownfish. Can anyone spot anything odd? Does the tail look like another fish attacked it?

Checked parameters this morning,

Salinity - 1.025
Temp - 79F
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 0 (Currently battling some GHA so probably stored in algae)

Thanks!

c1.jpg c2.jpg
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Sorry you lost the clown. The torn fin is a sign of some injury, but that in itself didn't cause the fish to die, it might even have happened after the fish died (if your clean up crew got to it).

I can't see anything else on the clown, but it is pretty rare to be able to diagnose from a dead fish picture. Is the other clown eating fine, and not breathing rapidly?

Jay

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back