Clownfish disease? Please help

Ktm898

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
My clown fish was okay for three weeks the past two days it looks like his skin is peeling. This morning i woke up to him with a "blister" thing on the bottom of his lip. What could this be and how do i treat him
image.jpg

OP
OP
K

Ktm898

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My water is dirty from the blenny attacking my sand while also just changing filter sock

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To effectively treat the fish you will need a quarantine tank. The parasite is now present in the display and you will have to leave the display fallow (without fish) for roughly 6-8 weeks. Please see link below.

Brooklynella

Good luck.

OP
OP
K

Ktm898

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He does not have heavy breathing. also what do i do with my other fish taking them out of display? Qt them with the clown?

jordan banks

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like velvet to me. If it was brooklynella they would have died quickly because it is a quick killer

saltykisses

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like oodinium you may be ok moving to q tank but you may do more harm than good stress wise..

It's a tough call .. I don't have a qt .. But I do have eshas oodinex whenever I see any signs of parasitic infection I just dose a very weak dose..

You know it's a bit like the aspirin .. And it generally works .. So far anyway but you have to use at the very first signs and to be honest it's only mc coral beauty that always gas done white spot .. But usually clears up and she gets less stressed..

OP
OP
K

Ktm898

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok i have no extra tanks beside the qt tank my clownfish is in. i left my 3 others in display tank till i can get another tank. I'm trying a product thats called mardel coppersafe. My reasoning for not treating for brooklynella is i also believe he would be dead by now. Any other tips that i should do to take care of him and my other livestock?

jordan banks

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well you gonna want to treat all the fish together in a cycled quarintine tank. It's not a good idea to put copper in your display because it will kill all inverts and you will never be able to keep coral alive in there. You could pull some sand and live rock from your display and put it in your quarintine so you don't have to wait for a cycle. Also you could start a whole new tank with biospira and have it cycled and ready in two days. Quarintine is something you don't want to go half way with. Read my thread on my quarintine tank for tips.

jordan banks

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jordan banks
Registered Member

I chose to keep all of my set ups simple as well as my quarintine. Right now I don't have any fish in there so I'm not running a light but when I do I run a t5. It's a ten gallon with matching stand. It has a marineland hot magnum canister filter and heater. I even have a little mag float in there. This I have set up permanently and it's proof that quarintine tanks don't have to be ulgy eye sores.
Today, 01:14 AM #24
jordan banks
Registered Member

Whenever I get a new fish I drip acclimate with a air line and valve for an hour. When the fish is in the tank I add prazi pro to eliminate any internal or external parasitic worms. After a week I do a water change and add another dose. Five days later, another water change then I move onto copper treatment with coppersafe. I let this set for a week until all spots are gone then do another water change. Last I use maracyn for an anti biotic for the five recommended days. If all is well and the fish looks and acts great it is removed and put in the display tank. I have found this to be a bullet proof method and have not have any losses due to disease since.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 7.1%
Back