Clownfish Disease?

rmmcguire15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just took my 2 clowns out of the hospital after losing a couple of other fish. The main display was empty of fish for 11 weeks and I treated the clowns with cupramine in the hospital.

I noticed a spot on the nose of the male (I assume at least since it is now noticeably smaller). This spot could have been there all along but I never noticed as they are a lot less skittish back in the main tank. I just wanted to see if this is normal or if I should be worried.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!
50642308f9ba21e50aa486eabfc8b487.jpg

OP
OP
rmmcguire15

rmmcguire15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little dark spot (hypermelanization) is often the result of a sting ... has he been trying to guest in a coral or anemone?

~Bruce
No anemone in the tank. The only corals are a Dunkan, spaghetti finger leather, and a favia that I'm not sure the name of.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost would be surprised if he hadn't tried to nestle into the duncan or some such...

The other possibility would be turbellarian worms - "black ich" - but that spot looks much more like a coral sting to me.

~Bruce

OP
OP
rmmcguire15

rmmcguire15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost would be surprised if he hadn't tried to nestle into the duncan or some such...

The other possibility would be turbellarian worms - "black ich" - but that spot looks much more like a coral sting to me.

~Bruce
Thanks for the comment and the help! The timing of it does make sense for a sting but I was just a bit gun shy this time around

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back