Clownfish dorsal fin problem

DebFerreira

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All

I have a female clownfish that has a notch/divot between the second and third spine of her dorsal fin. I am not sure when I first noticed it, but maybe a month ago. I am not sure exactly how old she is - I have had her for 11 months and she was pretty small when I got her. There is one other ocellaris in the tank with her - a male that she picks on a little. There is also an orchid Dottyback. All three were purchased at the same time and there is no systematic aggression between any of them. This is an EVO 13.5 with some soft corals and some LPS. Low nitrates and phosphates. Alkalinity around 9.1.

The edges of the divot appear smooth. It might be a little bigger now than when I first noticed it, or that could be me being paranoid. I am attaching a short video clip. I hope this works. It's really hard to get a great picture of a fish :(

What do you think this is caused by and how concerned should I be? Thanks for everyone's thoughts.
Deb

OP
OP
DebFerreira

DebFerreira

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is an image. Unfortunately the video is not uploading.

Attachments

• 20211014_144541.jpg
    20211014_144541.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 16

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back