clownfish from cultivated reef need to be quarantined?

moneymm22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If i order a pair of clownfish from cultivated reef to put in my newly cycled tank, do i need to quarantine these fish?

Im assuming they are cultivating these fish there, so they are coming to me just as good as or better than pre quarantined fish right?

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
curious to know as well. I didnt quarantine mine, hopefully it won't cause any issues with the pre-quarantined fish I am getting...

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If i order a pair of clownfish from cultivated reef to put in my newly cycled tank, do i need to quarantine these fish?

Im assuming they are cultivating these fish there, so they are coming to me just as good as or better than pre quarantined fish right?

The clowns are not kept at cultivated reef with the corals... they are from Sea & Reef which is the producer/breeder. They should be clean. Nothing is 100%.

OP
OP
M

moneymm22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I emailed them and they got back to me in a few minutes saying….

"We are not the cultivators of the fish. We buy them directly from the cultivator and hold them in bio secure tanks so that they continue to remain free from pests and diseases that are common to wild fish. "

So what u think , treat them as u would any fish that u buy pre quarantined from TSM or divers den?

OP
OP
M

moneymm22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they have 3 sizes, small (1.25" , medium 1.5" and large 1.75")

what is my best chance to have the 2 get along? 2 small or 1 small and one large?

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they have 3 sizes, small (1.25" , medium 1.5" and large 1.75")

what is my best chance to have the 2 get along? 2 small or 1 small and one large?
I ordered two small black storms and they are currently inseparable. Hopefully once the bigger one changes gender they will stay paired.

OP
OP
M

moneymm22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered two small black storms and they are currently inseparable. Hopefully once the bigger one changes gender they will stay paired.
I think if I order two types of clowns and want to be assured that one ends up the female, just order that one bigger?

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think if I order two types of clowns and want to be assured that one ends up the female, just order that one bigger?
yea, I think that would be best, if you want a specific variant to be the female. Otherwise it would just be a toss up between the two smaller ones

Back