Clownfish Grow-out tanks - Nitrite levels are high!!!

LatinKing

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Breeding - Raising juvenile clownfish have some challenges especially when there's 30 to 70 in one grow-out tank, that is not drilled. Feeding numerous times a day, and fish waste can raise the level of nitrites. So I find myself doing daily water changes, or dripping just RO water to lowered the nitrites without any success.

The current system not plumbed, using a sponge filter rated for 20-30g plus a DIY K1 Kaldnes micro media reactor in each of the tanks. My thoughts to plumbed the grow-out tanks to the brookstock. But decided to drill all grow-out tanks and add a seperate sump. I believe having lots of live rock, chaeto and mangroves will take care of my nitrites issue. In the next week I'll be drilling the tanks, add a sump and skimmer and will update the forum with test results.

20181023_190824.jpg

pdisner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Breeding - Raising juvenile clownfish have some challenges especially when there's 30 to 70 in one grow-out tank, that is not drilled. Feeding numerous times a day, and fish waste can raise the level of nitrites. So I find myself doing daily water changes, or dripping just RO water to lowered the nitrites without any success.

The current system not plumbed, using a sponge filter rated for 20-30g plus a DIY K1 Kaldnes micro media reactor in each of the tanks. My thoughts to plumbed the grow-out tanks to the brookstock. But decided to drill all grow-out tanks and add a seperate sump. I believe having lots of live rock, chaeto and mangroves will take care of my nitrites issue. In the next week I'll be drilling the tanks, add a sump and skimmer and will update the forum with test results.

20181023_190824.jpg

So this is why I posted in your clownfish thread my friend, I was NOT trying to hyjack your thread. I was chiming to this thread, that you were complaining about your problems with high nitrates and the like. I simply posted, not my idea, but out out a textboook. Shown below:
f6e12bf5fe8733f693630cd10f2ae337.jpg

So you see, this was nothng that i shuld be relorted to a moderator for. Was trying to be friendy to help out and was not trying to do anything malvolant. Toaccuse me of so is wrong, especialy when u say you want to turn me i to the moderators. Hopeful.y they will see how strange of a reaction.
I truly aplogize and promise not comment on your frquent public forum posting.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 156 61.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 26.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 89 35.2%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.5%
Back