Clownfish has ich and I can’t catch him

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Also, does Polyp Lab Medic work? I read that it can be used in the DT. I’m also wondering if it’s time to get a UV sterilizer.
Ive used it and it works BUT takes a while as it is a salt rather than medication. Also reef safe and more effective would be Ruby Rally Pro

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Actually he’s totally fine now. I think it was just sand in his slime coat. He’s eating and swimming normally. I’m keeping a very close eye on him but so far so good!
A good time t consider your med needs now should such occasion arise

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually he’s totally fine now. I think it was just sand in his slime coat. He’s eating and swimming normally. I’m keeping a very close eye on him but so far so good!
Sand doesn’t get trapped in the slime coat. Not in my experience.

You really can’t wait it out if it is disease. You risk everything in the tank.

Better to be safe and treat.

Last edited:

4tanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably them dropping off on the cycle they probably be back it's not sand search for the cycle of ICH in the search bar

KIKe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clownfish has little white spots on him that I’m almost positive is ich. Problem is I can’t catch him to treat it. So far he is active and eating fine, and the other fish are unaffected. How am I going to get him out of the tank? It’s only a 40g, but the net scared him and I don’t want to stress him out. Would a freshwater dip do the trick if he’s in good shape otherwise? What is the best treatment for my little guy Jack? I just lost a fairy wrasse and didn’t realize it at first, so maybe there was a small ammonia spike that stressed him out. The fairy wrasse might have had ich. I’ve never set up a hospital/QT tank before but I have an old 12g biocube I could use. Any help would be appreciated!!
image.jpg
Hello I recommend that it is easier to catch it in midnight when it is sleeping.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 60 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.3%
Back